Desperation for a healing miracle

Start from the beginning

"That's not my problem."

"And when people hear that the Master is dumping fish back into the Lake? When the rioting starts? Will it be your problem then?" Bard states as Alfrid holds his hand up for them to stop. The guards wait for his hand to drop to resume their duty when instead it falls back to his side as he snarls up in Bard's face.

"You think you're the peoples champion Bard? Protector of the common folk? You might be their favourite now bargeman but it won't last." He warns as the soldiers take their leave from the barge. Alfrid went to leave as Bard and the dwarves let out a sigh of relief before he paused and peered over Bards' shoulder.

"Whose is that?" Alfrid nosily demands as he shoves Bard to the side as he glances at Artemis wrapped up in blankets and cloaks. The dwarves all drew silent.

"An old friend of mine" Bard defensively growls as he tries to draw Alfrid's attention away from her.

"I have seen her before....smuggling now are we Bard?" Alfrid smirked as he knew he now had reason to arrest Bard. The dwarves frowned slightly and panicked when they heard that Alfrid recognised her. Bard was thankful that she was covered enough to prevent him from seeing her face as he knew his reaction would be nothing else but to toss her over the side of the boat.

"I ran into her along my journey home. She is sick and it's the least I can do for her..." Bard begins as Alfrid goes to wake her and question her before Bard steps in defensive.

"Leave her alone!" He warns dangerously as he sizes up the small Alfrid. Alfrid gulped uneasy and took this as a moment to escape as he turns to leave.

"Raise the gate!" Percy called out as the guards raise the gates and Bard goes through only to have Alfrid glare at him.

"The Master has his eye on you. You'd do well to remember...we know where you live" Alfrid warns as Bard scoffs at his threat.

"It's a small town Alfrid. Everyone knows where everyone lives" Bard smartly retorts as he makes sure they are a good distance away before checking on Artemis again to feel her body getting dangerously warm. Bard makes his way through the town and docks. When the coast was clear he knocked each barrel over one by one as all the fish fell out as well as the dwarves. He went to the next one when Dwalin poked his head out.

"Get your hands off me!" Dwalin hissed as he raised his hands up in defence as several others got out of the barrels themselves as a bystander frowned confused. Bard signalled them to follow him as they made their way off the boat.

"You didn't see them. They were never here. Fish you can have for nothing" Bard says in a mere whisper as he hands a few coins over to the man on the docks. Once he was sure that all the dwarves were all off the boat he removed the blanket from Artemis and eased her into his arms. She was still in her dwarf height it made it easier to manoeuvre her as the company watched her. Once they were all off the boat he made sure the coast was clear.

"Follow me" Bard spoke as they creep along the back streets of the town though one lady did see them but said nothing. Bard shifted Artemis in his arms slightly as her arm fell out from resting on her stomach, as Bilbo and Fili watched it hoping it would twitch. Fili stepping forward and placing her arm back on her stomach winced slightly by her burning skin, as they all paused to see a young boy running in their direction.

"Da! Our house it's being watched" Bain warns as Bard pauses before coming up with a plan. Guiding them to the area in which they would dip into the water Bard continues to carry Artemis as he casually makes his way home with his son. Those who are watching sent unnoticeable signals to two men sitting just outside his house 'fishing' as they changed the direction of their rods. He looks down and whistles as he throws down an apple.