15

XIAO ZHAN'S POV

When I went back from shower, Wang Yibo was shaking his legs anxiously. He was sitting on the bed while clasping his hands as if he was waiting for me to come out. I ruffle my hair using the towel. I never witnessed him this this apprehensive before.

I curiously asked. "Yibo? What's wrong?"
He stood up upon from seeing me. "Zhan... Zhan..." He was panicking, his face was sweating and pale. He place his hands on my shoulders.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Zhan, will you go abroad with me?" He continues, "My uncle is at the hospital. He's currently bedridden. I have to go home. Come with me.. Come home with me... Please?"

HUH? WHAT? The whole thing got me surprised. I widened my eyes. I didn't know he lived abroad? Shaking off my mind I support his elbows and aimed to sit on the bed. He followed silently.

I am somehow glad that he told me about this instead of acting impulsive and leaving me behind without saying a word, I'll be helplessly mad at him. Thankfully, he Yibo thinks about things rationally.

"Okay. I will come with you. When do you plan to go?" I ask. If Wang Yibo wants me to go with him, it may sound crazy but I will definitely go. My life is with him. My life is him. Even if he'll say that he will come back for a month, or so on. I don't think I will be able to live without seeing him for that long. I can excuse myself from the university though, maybe ask Huiasang or Jiang Cheng to cover up for the meantime. I don't even think that we will take months abroad, in my own intuition probably two to three weeks long.

"Is it okay if tonight? I really want to see uncle.." His voice shakened. I nod my head and gave him a pat on his back.

"Yibo. It's alright. Everything will be alright." Although I have no idea of what was going on, I will wait for him to explain everything to me. I will not force him to speak for now since he was stil in shock.

Yibo haven't really told me about his family except Shifeng and his parents. The rest of Wang Yibo's information are blurry and unidentified. I didn't even have the guts to ask him either because I thought he didn't want to commit on a relationship which is the opposite of the fact.

"Thank you, Zhan.." I nod my head at him. He immediately stood up and took out his baggage and put a pile of clothes in it. As for me, I told him that I will prepare my suitcase as well. I didn't brought much of clothes though, I can laundry them right after using it.

After packing up, we didn't waste time and immediately went to the airport, we arrived earlier than expected since we didn't booked a flight beforehand otherwise it would be too hustle for us to wait longer knowing that Wang Yibo immediately wants to see his uncle.

The airport was a cocoon of steel, the walls so elegantly curved and wrapping around to create this inner space. And the beams supported so many windows, let in so much light, that in the daytime it is as bright as any summers day. We arrived at noon, when the people moved as chaotic rainbows, so brilliant were the colours. They flowed from the check-in desks to the cafe's and through the gates, each one of them heading for a destination of their own making.

"Have you told your friends already?" Yibo asked. He saw the shock register on my face before I could hide it. A small smile played on his lips, I guess he gets that a lot. "Zhan, I can't believe you're eloping with me right now.."

I covered my face with my hands and bowed down my head in embarrassment. The man let out a soft chuckle, after slowly moving on I hit him lightly on his arms and said, "You have the guts.."

Realizing that he succeeded on teasing me, he felt satisfied, lips remained curving upward while shooking his head. Setting aside the silly thought we both began to pull our baggages and went to check in, although it was stressful due to long process we gladly settled down on the airport's benches right after.