"Who's this?" Grandma smiled.

"This is my bro Jamie." I broke out the head lock introducing him.

"Hello I will be spending the holiday with your family" he greeted my grandparents with a smile.

"Hey son." grandpa shook his hand firmly.

"Let's get you settled in then" I grabbed his bags and he jerked them away form me.

"I can carry my own bags dude" he walked down the hall to Danny room.
3....2...1

"Woah this is mansion!!!"

My brother and I laughed.

"Ooh we get to sleep in Daniel's room sweet." Aaron ran but Danny pulled him back by his shirt.

"Stay away from my room or I'm going to kill you" he whispered.

"Dinner will be ready in a little" mom called.

We all race to the table I left Jamie a seat next to me and Aaron sat on the other side of me. Jamie came down in some pajamas and a robe.

"Already tired eh? I'm right with you buddy right after this I'm going straight to bed." my grandfather told Jamie as he sat next to me.

"What can I say, the early bird catches the worm sir." he replied.

I rubbed his thigh under the table and he smiled discreetly.

"I have an announcement to make." grandpa Glen spoke up.

"I have made arrangements for Jasper to be trained as a young priest just as I was when I was his age this summer."

Everyone clapped and patted me on my back. It was our family's tradition that on my mother's side that at old age when the time is right he would choose his next in line to be trained until they are old enough to take his place. It was suppose to be a son but my mom brother is on leave in the military. The next person would be my father his son in law but we all know that wasn't going to turn out so well.

"Thanks gramps...." I said hestaintly.

"What's wrong son don't you want to continue your old man's legacy?"

"Yeah, sure. It's an honor for you to even considered me being your next of kin, but-"

"But what dear?" Grandma said taking a sip of her water.

"But I don't even have my fancy suit and robe." I joked and everyone laughed. Jamie's fingers intertwined with mines under the table and squeezed mines tightly.He knew I didn't want this. I wish I could lay my head on his shoulder. Or give him a quick peck on the lips. I sighed.

"Dude why are you looking at Jay like that?" Aaron whispered. Jamie's cheeks were blushing red and he looked down at his food. He quickly pulled his hand away from mines.

"What are you talking about?" I laughed trying to play it off.

"Like your looking at him the way Caleb looks at sports car." he whispered.

"Whatever Aaron"

He shrugged and continued eating his food.

"So are you excited about getting to follow after your grandfather?" My mom patted her fathers back.

"Yeah"

"It doesn't seem like it, I would've been screaming for joy if Pa would've asked me." Aaron scuffed.

"You were indeed my second choice." Grandad winked.

"What about me?!" Danny wined.

"Your not exactly the perfect example of purity....." mom chuckled.