Edward froze in shock. Stopping in his place to try and comprehend the fact that she wanted to die.

In her vulnerable state she unknowingly let Edward into her mind.

He subtly stumbles backwards as all of her thoughts begin to hit him. Including memories.

Flash back

"Please stop!" Olivia cries out as she scratches at the unknown mans arms. Skin and blood embedding into her nails. "Don't do this! Please don't do this!"

"Shut up!" The man yells as he places his hands around her throat squeezing as hard as he could.

After a few moments of her clawing at his hands and almost fading out of consciousness he lets go as she gasps for air.

"I will never forgive you." She wheezes out when she can finally comprehend thoughts again.

"I don't need your forgiveness." He hisses.

He begins Punching her in the stomach and face multiple times. Each time she would attempt to shield her stomach, not caring about herself at the time. But he held her hands over her head.

She screams in pain as he suddenly begins cutting her collar bone with a sharp pocket knife. "I don't need anything from you anymore."

As he gets off of her to grab another bottle of alcohol she lays there covered in cuts and bruises

If it wasn't for the large cramps in her stomach she would think the large pool of blood she laid in were from the cuts.

But she knew better. Her baby was dead. He killed her baby.

She died that day. And now she just wanted all the pain to be gone.

Flashback over

Edward gasps as he leans against a tree. His eyes wider than ever. His eyes watering yet the tears would never fall. Mourning the girl he never got to know. Mourning for all the pain she went through.

He didn't even see everything that happened but he didn't need to. He understood.

He understood why she didn't want to live anymore. Why she always seemed so numb. Because she was in so much constant pain that she eventually became numb to it. It explained why she always wore so much clothing. Her whole body must have been full of scars.

She was raped, beaten, and had her baby murdered. All by someone she loved. All in one tragic night.

He admired her. Her strength. He knew in these last few moments that she had completely lost hope.

He saw how much she had isolated herself from everyone she once loved this last year. She just wanted them to let her go.

That came up periodically in her thoughts. Mentions of everyone just letting her go.

He did one of the most painful things he had ever done in his many years of living. He watched her fall. He was going to let her finally have peace.

In the few months he had known Olivia Swan he was so overly curious and protective over the older swan. He wanted to know her every thought and feeling.

And now he wished he didn't. Because before this he wouldn't have hesitated to save her. He wished he selfishly still would save her. Because he knew how much pain it would cause his mate, his brother, and even himself.

But he knew he couldn't be selfish with Olivia Swan. Because people had taken advantage of the girl before and she deserved for once in her life, someone thinking about her.

Which is why when he saw that his brother had already caught up to him he screamed. "No! Let her go!"

Jasper had ultimately ignored him and jumped right into the treaty line. Wrapping his body around Olivia as protection right before they crashed into the rocks.

Olivia gasped for air as she coughed from the harsh impact. Slowly opening her eyes she's met with the black angry eyes of Jasper Hale.

"Jasper?" She whispers innocently. Suddenly pushing away from him and standing on the rock that stood directly in the middle of the treaty line.

Looking around she takes large heavy breaths. She notices Edward staring at her in pity and heartbreak. She notices two large wolves standing a few feet away from the river. Jasper was breathing heavily behind her. And a few moments later the whole Cullen family showing up watching with sad looks yet relived when they see she was breathing.

"No." She mutters. Spinning around in complete despair. "No! No! No!"

Turning towards Jasper she screams as she punches his chest. "Why would you do that? W-why wouldn't you let me go!"

Everyone around watches as she begins sobbing. Banging on Jaspers chests, the bruises already forming on her hands from practically pounding on marble.

Everyone except Edward slightly winces. But he knew she had endured much worse pain, which is why she hadn't even flinched that day she she fell so harshly on the ground.

Jaspers anger quickly turns into complete sorrow. Watching his mate break like this. She was so frantic and desperate to die and it made him question himself for a slight moment if he should've let her go.

He quickly shoved that thought away. This was his mate he would never let her willingly die. Grabbing on to her forearms he brings her into a hug.

She tries to push him away with all of her strength but he doesn't budge. She begins to cry even harder and falls to her knees, Jasper following her.

"Just let me die." She begs. "Please let me die."

Shaking his head he's too sad and worried to even have any blood lust. "I won't let you die."

Paul Lahote and Sam Uley Watch heartbroken from a few feet away in wolf form.

Paul transformed earlier in the day after his conversation with Olivia. He was so angry and upset by their conversation that he ended up turning after he ran into the woods .

Sam and Edward make direct eye contact. Edward slightly nodding his head in appreciation when Sam mentally tells the mind reader that he wouldn't attack for Olivias sake.

Sam looks towards Paul and notices his jealousy and sadness as he watches the Hale vampire hug Olivia into his chest.

Nudging the wolf he nods his head back towards the forest. But Paul angrily refuses, forcing Sam to sadly use his alpha command.

Paul attempts to fight it but eventually obeys. Sam sends one last glance towards the sobbing girl. Having heard all about her and her recent personality change from Billy before leaving knowing that the Cullens obviously cared for the girl.

Picking the girl up bridal style Jasper jumps onto their side of the territory, surprised when Olivia didn't even flinch. She seemed to calm down a bit. But she was back to staring numbly into space. Like she wasn't even aware of her surroundings. But she was. She was very aware that she was still alive.