2|Highschool|

Ashton and I started our friendship from that point on.We've been inseparable ever since, we went through all of primary and finally made it into secondary, "highschool" as Americans say, the lake we visited in primary was closed off because of the croc epidemic.In year 6 is when we started jumping the gate.It's our private hangout to get away from all the bullshit and problems, Ash with his dad leaving them and feeling like he had to mature quickly and me with my parent's death and having to live in a foster home.We understood each other in a way no one else could I don't know if it was because we were both out casts or what but it was fate we met.We met up at our local park "Hey Ash!"I smiled "Sup Scar"We then do our secret handshake,which is complicated as fuck, and then head over to the lake."Jesus Ash can your shorts get any shorter?!"I burst into laughter while he stares at me blankly "Asshole" I hear him mumble. He looks up at me with those beautiful hazel eyes that have a hint of green. "God I would kill to have your eyes!" He bat's his eyelashes "Why thank you." We both laugh and continue talking, when we finally get to the lake we climb over the fence and sit down behind the cluster of trees and bushes.Usually we talk but today we just sat there and looked out into the lake.I couldn't help but look at Ashton his looks could kill anyone,he didn't see himself that way and neither did I when he told me I was beautiful. I loved Ashton, more than "in a friend way" I thought he was the most amazing person.

*Ashton's P.O.V

Fucking Scarlett always making fun of my shorts.But god I loved her more than anything.The worst part was I couldn't tell her even if I wanted to she was beautiful when I first met her and damn she's gotten even more beautiful, She's gorgeous. Our friendship was way to important to throw away over a crush.When we got to the lake she sat down and didn't talk she just stared out into the distance. She was there for me, through everything I went through she was there and I was there when her parent's died. I still remember that day it was all over the news I still remember the headline "Local Western Sydney residents John and Lily Coulter were tragically killed in a collision with a semi-truck on this very rainy night authorities say this is the worst accident they've seen in a decade" Scarlett didn't come to school for 2 weeks and when she returned she looked horrible but I couldn't say anything. I called her and called her and she only picked up one time and it was only brief.

"Hi Scar are you doing okay do you want me to come over?"
"No thanks Ash I'm fine."
"Okay....I just want to let you know I love you and I'm always here for you."
"I know.....I have to go now I'm packing.Bye Ash."
"Bye Scar."

When she told me she was packing my heart stopped I thought our friendship and everything was over, everything we'd been through,our laughter, our tears everything. It turned out she was moving to a foster home close by because she didn't have any immediate family in Sydney and all 4 of her grandparents were dead. We've definitely been through a lot and I feel blessed to have her.