18|Departing|

The nurses stopped me and told me I couldn't go beyond the E.R doors. The scene replayed in my mind. Ashton yelling, Brendon turning around, the gunshots, Ashton hitting the floor, Brendon running away, Paramedics coming outside, the squeaking of the stretcher being pushed through the hallway, Ashton grabbing my hand, Ashton's hand feeling colder with each passing minute, letting go of his hand. This is fucked up my life is fucked up I felt like none of this was real this all had to be a dream. Maybe I was still in the coma and I haven't woken up yet I pinched myself. still here. I started crying. This was all my fault if I would've stayed in Australia and waited how Ashton told me to this wouldn't have happened. Fuck I am such an idiot my best friend and boyfriend is in there practically dying just because of a fucking psycho that I thought was cool. UGH and to think I had even considered him our friend let alone my boyfriend. Was it really worth coming all the way from Australia just to kill Ashton? And for what anyways? He didn't do anything wrong he was just trying to protect me. I snapped myself out of it. Ashton isn't going to die Ashton isn't going to die Ashton isn't going to die. I kept repeating this is my head hoping it would somehow work. I felt lightheaded and went outside for air. I sat on a bench and rested my head on my hands I was in my own world when I felt someone grab my shoulder and chuckle.

I looked up and to my complete shock it was Brendon, I quickly stood up and took a few steps back. I could feel the anger and hurt boiling in me. I spoke through my clenched teeth trying to hold my tears back. "What the fuck are you doing here?" "Hey babe nice to see you again." He gave me a crooked smile. How could this smug little fucker have the audacity to come and tell me this I wanted to fucking lunge at him and fucking strangle him. "Why the fuck would you come all the from Australia and shoot Ashton? He's fucking dying because of you. Don't you know Ashton is my fucking lifeline? I literally just checked out of the hospital from being in a coma and then you come and shoot him why the fuck is your problem." He laughed and grabbed my arm I whimpered in pain. "Well you see Ashton wasn't my target it was you but he like many other casualties he was just in the way just a simple man living a simple life unaware of the dangers that are everywhere. It doesn't bother me I hit him but now I can take both of you." I felt the cold barrel through my shirt against my stomach. This is it. I thought to myself at least I will be with Ashton I closed my eyes preparing myself. I felt something react inside of me almost an instinct. Fight for me. I heard it clearly in my mind not in my voice but Ashton's. I opened my eyes looking him straight in his grabbed the barrel of the gun and flipped it upward kicking him in the crotch. "Fucking bitch I'm going to fucking kill you!" I managed to grab the gun out of his hand I started talking I felt the heat and tears rising to my face. "Look I gave you a chance because I knew you liked me I made one stupid mistake and you went overboard you tried to rape me and Ashton comes and saves me and suddenly you have to come all the way from Australia to kill him and I? Please explain yourself because frankly none of this make sense only a psycho would do something like this and deep down I know you're not fucking insane." "It just...it made me really mad that you were finally mine and you and Ashton did that I have always been jealous of Ashton because he had you and he always managed to get all the girls I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me I don't know what this drive to come and kill someone is please forgive me Scarlett you're still important to me." "I can't forgive you but I'm willing to set this aside for right now and I fucking swear if the love of my life fucking dies in there I will make sure you get what you deserve." I helped him up and handed him the gun. "Go and never come back don't talk to me or Ashton ever again unless one of us talks to you understand?" "Yes." I walked back into the hospital drying the tears that rolled down on my face. A nurse came out of the ICU. "Are you Scarlett?" I stood up "Yes why? What happened? Is Ashton okay?" "Yes he's fine he could be better but he finally woke up." "Oh thank god can I see him?" "Yes he's still under so he'll probably be a little groggy." I hugged the nurse and ran in. I saw Ashton and ran to his side grabbing his hand. "Oh baby you're alright thank god I swear I was going to loose you my heart can't take this it isnt even my heart." I was laughing and crying at the same time. He gave me a smile even though I knew it hurt him. "Hey babe ahh fuck." It hurt me knowing he was in pain I grabbed his hand again. "You need to rest just know I'll always be at your side if you need me." He smiled and nodded I pulled out a chair and sat next to him. "Come here." He uncovered the bed and scooted over a bit I climbed into bed and laid my head on his chest. Hearing his heart and lungs him breathing living. It was amazing we fell asleep with our fingers intertwined enjoying every moment together.