XLI. The Coronation

The sound of the water waves crushing through the sands, the humming of the birds in their nests, and the warmth of the last shine of the sun before the dusk. Everything feels so calming. But my mind is in a total chaos.

"How's the talk with the guardians?" Asked Nickolas as he sit beside me in a low cliff above the seashore.

"Everything they talked about doesn't even made any sense to me. Ang naintindihan ko lang sa mga sinabi nila ay hindi pa ako makakauwi sa ngayon."

I lied. Everything really made sense to me. But my mind refused to accept those thoughts.

Pinagmasdan ko si Nickolas. If he's really the one who cursed Victoria, he's the one who caused all of my sufferings.

But can I blame him? Victoria's so wicked and if I'm in his position, I will also curse her. But what I don't understand is that, why me? Why do I have to pay for Victoria's sins?

"I know that it's wrong but I'm glad you didn't leave," he said as he held my hand.

Ngumiti ako at sumandal sa balikat niya. Ipinikit ko ang aking mga mata at dinama ang haplos ng hangin.

Nickolas doesn't know anything. He doesn't have any idea about the curse. I can't kill him, I would never.

I would rather stay than hurt him.

I already made a decision.

Let the curse be still.

* * *

Days passed until the coronation day came. The people of Winzellia are celebrating for their kingdom will have a new queen as the night come.

Everything is covered with golds and silvers. From the floor to the gown I am wearing right now.

All eyes are locked in me as I walk. There are proud smiles and encouraging nods I'm recieving.

I will be the new queen. I shrugged that thought. Victoria will.

I again walked down the aisle of the royal hall of Winzellia. I let out a slight laugh. I remember, the last time I walked here with people looking at me was that time of my wedding with Primo.

I roam my eyes around to look for someone but I failed to find him. I shook my head. Maybe, it's better that Nick isn't here. I don't know what will happen next after this coronation.

Saglit akong napatigil sa paglalakad nang maalala ang pag-uusap namin ng mga gabay.

"In order to go back to your world, you need to kill him."

Umiling-iling lang ako habang tinititigan ang tatlo. "You know I can't do that. Mas pipiliin ko pang hindi makabalik kaysa saktan siya. I... I love him."

Nakunot ang noo ko nang marinig ang tawa ng kasalukuyan. She seems to be amused with what I am saying as if it was a joke.

"You don't know anything about what you are saying," she said as she stepped towards me.

Her breath touching my bare eara send shivers in me. Then, she whispers something.

"Once the coronation happened, you will know everything. And I doubt that you wouldn't change your mind after that."

Huminga ako nang malalim at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. Isinantabi ko ang sinabi ng gabay at pilit kinalimutan ito.

I smiled to convince myself that everything will be alright. There's nothing that can change my mind to kill the man I love.

I kneel down the floor and looked at the head priest confidently as he cast an enchantment in me.

"Princess Victoria Velloire, do you take the power and responsibility the kingdom of Winzelia is giving you with all your mind, heart and soul?" the head priest uttered as he sway the legendary sword of Winzelia at both of my shoulders.