Chapter 9

I didn't know what to do. I was just standing there in the middle of the doorway of the guy that I thought wanted to be with me who was kissing me just a little while ago in bed with his ex-girlfriend who was determined to make my life hell. Happy freaking homecoming to me.

"Olive?" Carter said confused and hopped out of bed covering himself with a blanket.

I didn't even know why I came in here. I turned to leave.

"Wait!" Cater yelled.

"I never want to speak to you again." Tears were already running down my face as I made it into my bedroom and slammed the door.

I sat in there for a good half hour before I realized that Carter Taylor was not going to bring me down. I was at a huge party and I was going to have fun.

I made my way back to the party and grabbed a bottle of liquor. This was going to be a good night. After quite a few shots with some football players, I decided to dance and by dance I mean drunken grind on every football player there.

Cole found me after a while and forced me up to my bedroom. I took off my dress and was just standing there in a strapless bra and cute lace panties when the door flung open.

"What the hell did you do, bitch?" Connor screamed at me.

"Connor, calm down!" Caleb said following him in.

"What are you talking about?" I asked not even caring that I was barely covered. Man, I drank too much.

"Want to explain to me why my little brother who swore he would never touch an alcoholic beverage is sitting in his room upset drunk off his ass after the best football game he ever played?" Connor yelled getting in my face.

"He's drunk?" I asked confused.

"Yes, so you need to get your ass in there and fix it" he said backing away.

"No. He deserves whatever happens to him. I never want to see him again" I turned and headed into the bathroom. They definitely didn't need to see my cry.

When I headed back into my room, the twins were sitting on my bed waiting. At this point, I didn't care that the all the hottest boys I've ever seen had officially seen me not so decent.

I through on a pair of short, comfy hollister shorts and a white tank top. I crawled onto my bed between the two boys and told them the entire story not leaving out a single detail. I didn't realize how hard I was crying until I finished.

"Olive, it will all be okay" Cole said

"I'm sure he wasn't trying to hurt you. He probably had a logical explanation." Cody added

Three days past and I still had not said a single word to Carter Taylor. He tried to talk to me but I just went on pretending he didn't exist. Not even on the way to school. Mature I know.

When we got home on Tuesday, the whole house was empty. Kelly and Harry were still at work, Hailey, Cameron and Christopher were still at school but where were Caleb and the twins?

I went strait up to my bedroom but I didn't expect to see it decorated.

Streamers were hanging from the ceiling, balloons covering the floor and roses covering my bed. What the hell?

"I'm so sorry" a voice said behind me.

"You did this?" I asked pretty angrily.

"Olive! You need to hear me out and if you never want me to speak to you again then I won't I swear!"

"Fine, you have two minutes."

"It's not an excuse but I thought you didn't like me. After I kissed you, you looked like you regretted it right away and then when we were dancing you were staring at Caleb the whole time. It broke my heart"

I didn't know what to say. I hurt him?

"I went up to my bedroom after you went to find Alyssa. I was really upset and I let her talk me into it. She kept saying how someone like you would never be interested in me and I believed her. I'm so sorry."

"You said you don't drink. Why did you start drinking?" I asked

"I've never drank a single sip of alcohol before in my life but seeing your face like that killed me even more than you not wanting me. I needed the pain so stop. I only felt that bad once before and that's the day I decided not to drink but that's a story for another time. Olive, you mean so much to me. You have no idea."

I still couldn't figure out what to say to him.

"Well, my two minutes is up so I'll be going then." He stood up leaving me alone.

"Wait" I said softly but that's all I could get out.

He stopped moving and slowly turned around. I got on my tippy toes and pressed my lips against his. He has been sulking around for days and after everything I could tell how horrible he felt.

The kiss heated up fast. I loved kissing him. His fingers bushed against my skin under my shirt. He drove me crazy. He pulled away and we both sat there trying to catch our breath.

"I got you something" Carter said. "But there's one condition"

"And what would that be?" I asked concerned.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a black jewelry box.

"Every king needs his queen and I can't imagine anyone else by my side." He opened the box to reveal a beautiful necklace with a silver crown charm with a beautiful diamond. It was the prettiest thing I had ever seen in my life. I was speechless.

"Olive Bethany Evans, will you be my girlfriend?"