Ch 8

3rd pov

Now Rin was locked in a dark room. The room was close to freezing and the curtains were closed. Still, Rin felt warm he needed his mate to get rid of this awful heat. It was a sickening feeling, a feverish state that still made him shiver and ache. He was lucky to have slept through most of it.

Still, the few hours he was awake were hell. He tossed and turned trying to drift off to sleep.

He felt like he was burning up. He felt sick. Rin began to whine at the pain he was feeling. He couldn't handle it. The cold dark room did nothing to calm his heat. 

Then another being enters the room. A glimpse of light flashes across the darkroom as the door opens and closes shut. Rin's body shook as the heat increased. Mephisto was right there, with his shinning green eyes. He was so close but out of reach.

He was quick to take the Neko and wrap him up in an embrace. Rin began to purr in response. this was the worst of his heat and his mate was the only cure. He rubbed the tips of Rin's ears to help the Neko relax. Which he does with a large smile.

"You are rather cute," Lucifer said hugging the Neko closer to him. Rin slumped against him and nuzzled into him.

In the blurry haze, he didn't see the recognize the change in voice. He could hardly hear anything, all he could do was feel and see. The eyes were a close enough green to Mephisto's and Rin didn't seem to mind the change in texture. 

"I'm glad you are comfortable," Lucifer coos laying against the bed. He adjusts Rin so the Neko is in his lap. Then he grabs the exposed tail and combs through it with his claws. "You are a precious thing."

This complement makes Rin purr even more, as he leaned into the embrace.

"Such a darling little thing," Lucifer chuckles to himself. Rin had come far in his recovery, it had only been two days and he already seemed stronger. Not entirely at his full strength, but his progress was notable. The burnt pieces of flesh on his neck had already scabbed over, and so far been free from infection. 

So far the process of keeping him had been nothing but blissful. Amaimon was a good playmate whenever Rin would get bored, or try and climb something he wasn't supposed to and all other times Rin became at least tolerant of Lucifer. 

But now, well Lucifer wouldn't lie if he said he was enjoying himself. Rin had never been this close or comfortable with him before. It was a pleasant change, one Lucifer wouldn't mind upholding later.

Of course, he knew this affection was only temporary. He knew how the heat was warping Rin's mind. It could have been anyone who soothed this, and Rin would respond with a similar passion. Heat makes Nekos extremely sensitive, fragile, and in a state of perfect manipulation. 

Their minds are flooded with hormones to the point where rational thought was a memory. Anything they could grasp onto they do. It was a long-standing question why evolution would create such a dangerous situation. 

As Lucifer had seen firsthand, this miserable time served the earlier Nekos well. A long time ago in many civilizations, it would be normal for a Neko to go through six to nine mates in their entire life span. It was a necessity for them to secure their life. The diversity allowed them to be entertained without angering any alpha. However, to avoid the alphas feeling powerless, the heat began.

In truth, it was the clever manipulation of them all. The Neko was at the complete whims of the alpha, but no matter the strength of the alpha there was nothing they could deny their Neko. Their time and every resource were demanded in these heats and the alpha was forced to comply in fear of the other mates fulfilling the role for them and stealing away their mate. 

It was perfect for determining the right mate and securing the necessary protection for the early Nekos. In a month they would either get the necessary resources the desire, or a new mate who would finally provide for them.

Now with medications, the heat was muffled. They still forced compliance from alphas, but the air of control for the Nekos was no longer present. The new development did help the Nekos recall the events during the heat, which could be both a blessing and curse depending on the events that transpired. 

But that didn't seem to matter now, Rin surely didn't mind his company and Lucifer wouldn't be the first alpha in history to deny him. 

He could almost taste the furry of Mephisto as he pulled Rin closer. His scent would be impossible to untangle from Rin.

Thankfully Rin had agreed to a bath after Mephisto left, and that was enough to rid the scent of the humans but the chemical scent still lasted on him. The chemicals and the odd earthy scent of Amaimon. 

Mephisto would be pleased with neither. Although Lucifer didn't seem to care as he threaded his claws through Rin's hair and tail. He wanted Rin's scent on him, just as much as he wanted his scent on Rin.

With how far Rin was reciprocating it was hard to deny himself that pleasure. With each soothing stroke of Lucifer's hand, Rin burrowed deeper into his skin, alleviating more and more of the heat and mindless haze.

But as clarity began to sink in, his refusal didn't. His purrs grew louder as he began to nip at the cuffs of Lucifer's slaves. He wasn't biting in any aggressive way, just small nips that helped calm his growing sensations.

The pleasure seemed to blind him just as the heat did, allowing him to forget the pursuit of his mate's identity. He even seemed to forget where he was, but even that seemed meaningless.

He was satisfied, he wasn't ignored, he wasn't starved of attention, and he was provided for. He fed off all the attention he was given with delight. Every touch, every soft caress sent him to a baseless paradise. 

He was happy in a way he hadn't been before.

Maybe his heat wasn't so miserable.