Ch 7

3rd pov

Mephisto was less than pleased when he broke from his daze.

 Amaimon went after Rin, and he hadn't returned. The earth king was strong enough to fight off any humans no matter what was thrown at him.

So why wasn't he reported back to Samael? If he didn't find Rin he would have come back, and if he did find Rin he would have reported it.

So where was he?

It infuriated Samael so he went after Amaimon. Ripping through the forest he quickly picked up on Amaimon's scent trial along with Rin's. Amaimon had found Rin and hadn't told home where he was. This infuriated Mephisto. His Neko was lost and Amaimon didn't tell him where his Neko was.

Punishment would come swiftly for the earth king.

His mind was warped, he only had one mission. Find his mate. His Neko, and get them both to safety. Their territory, their nest. A place where it is safe for both of them. They could be undisturbed together. 

"What was that?" Rin asks sounding downright terrified. Nekos can hear a wider range of sounds but at the cost of being sensitive to loud noises. The sudden clamorous racket startled him, to say the least.

Rin wasted no time speeding down the hall to come head-on with the danger like he had done so many times before. Something was pulling him to danger: a feeling, a thought, an attraction, an oddly familiar bond. Though it seemed to be twisted, much more dangerous than normal.

"Amaimon, get Rin back into this room" Lucifer orders, following after him.

 "If I can survive being burned alive by my own flames I can stop whatever this is," Rin says as he continues his pace. Even if he wanted to, Amaimon couldn't catch up to Rin at this pace.

The walks crumble and break. As Rin gets closer. There was something, something strong ripping through the building. Rin got to the cause of danger. he found Samael standing in a hole in the marble wall. His eyes were glowing with fury and passion. He was angry but he was also looking for something.

"Samael stop this nonsense! You look like an idiot!" Rin states as his tail ripped from side to side. He wasn't in the mood to deal with this. If Mephisto wanted to visit he could follow the process like anyone else. 

In a flash, Rin is embraced in a possessive embrace. Mephisto growls early as he clings to Rin. 

"You are safe now" he purrs stroking Rin's hair. It seemed to be more of an attempt to calm himself rather than Rin. 

"I understand your concern brother, however, your reckless methods are not productive." Lucifer sighs looking at Mephisto.

"You," Mephisto snarls. 

Lucifer stared at him with the same icy calm he had before, although his defense didn't seem to soothe Mephisto. Amaimon's presence wasn't much of a moral booster either. At the moment Mpehsito wished to see neither traitor. 

"I believe an explanation is due," Amaimon stated, gaining enough courage to step out from behind Lucifer. 

"An explanation about what?" Mephisto growls. "there doesn't need to be an explanation I already know all I need to. I will be leaving with Rin."

"If you care any for his health I would suggest you release him," Lucifer answered stepping closer to Mephisto.

"You stole him once, and I am willing to forgive that, but do not push me," Mephisto snarled. 

"Your failure to care for him nearly cost his freedom. Because of you the traffickers almost stole him from all of us. Don't be so prideful that you cause him more injury." Lucifer took another step forward.