Underfell Sans x reader

(Image above is mine)

Warning: Very long😅

Background Information

You've been in the Underground for quite a while. The monster aren't your 'friends', but they tolerate you enough to not kill you. Surprisingly, Papyrus is the monster closest to you. He decided that you were so weak that he felt pity for you and that he would train you himself. You still have no idea what his true motives are. Currently, you are trying to find Sans because Papyrus needs him and wants to 'put you to good use'.

Your POV

Where could that skeleton be? I've checked everywhere he could possibly be; Grillby's, Waterfall, even his numerous hotdog stands! I sigh and head back to Snowdin with the riverperson. Guess I'm gonna have to go tell Paps. 

I got off the boat and walked through the snow, dreading going to tell Papyrus the news. I got about half way home before remembering something. This may just be a hunch, but he could have gone back to his old sentry station. I started running the other way, hoping to Asgore that he was there. He hasn't gone to that sentry station since he tried to capture me. I was in the forest at this point and I could see the clearing in the distance. 

As I got closer the figure of Sans's station came into view. I sped up just a bit thinking about how much Sans would be scolded if this took anymore time than it already has. When I reached the station, I let out a big sigh and then smile victoriously. Sans was sitting at his station with his skull nestled into both of his arms. He looks so peaceful. 

I walk around to the other side of the station so that I was next to Sans. I almost feel bad having to wake him up. Key Word: Almost. Sans may be irritable when he wakes up, but I'd rather deal with Sans's grumbling than Papyrus scolding Sans. Papyrus won't get mad at you, but he will take out his anger on Sans and I would rather avoid that.

But before I could do anything, I hear Sans mutter something in his sleep. I couldn't make out any words though. I lean over the station to get a better look at his face. His bone brows are furrowed together and his teeth are gritted. He's still muttering, but I can't understand the words he is trying to form. He's having a nightmare.

I grab onto his shoulder and shake him lightly trying to wake him up, but he doesn't respond. "Sans...Sans, wake up!" Nothing. 

I huff out of frustration and think of another way to wake him up or at least sooth him somehow. I don't think I'll be able to wake him up, but maybe if I calm him down I can go get Paps without having to worry about him. I rack my brain trying to think about what to do that would help him.

I glance back at Sans and his condition is getting worse. He's sweating and the mumbles from before are getting gradually louder. Still indiscernible, but louder. I gotta come up with something!

That's when it hit me. I remember when I was little and I would have a nightmare, my mother would come in and sooth me using, in my opinion, the best method. I'm sure this will work.

I get closer to Sans and hesitantly hug him. He's gonna kill me when he wakes up. Pushing that thought aside I take a deep breath and start to sing.

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine 

You make me happy 

When skies are grey 

Sans begins to relax in my arms and I smile down at him.

You'll never know dear