(37) JADBSSG: Come On and Get Your Game On!

Jonah was sitting alone at the corner of the library. Various opened books scattered around his table and his assignment paper have only the word 'The' on it. He sighed as he started to write, mumbling every word he had written. "The Gargoyle Strike of 1911 was a wildcat strike of gargoyles that occurred in 1911. A 'wildcat strike' refers to stopping of work by unionized workers without authorization from the union. As it mentions 'the wildcats were winning,' likely things were moving in favor of the Gargoyles when something noteworthy happened..." He paused as he reread the sentences. "Argh..." He ripped that paper from his book and scrunched it in his hands. "Nope. Nope. Too vague..." He groaned and pressed his forehead onto the table. "Who cares about gargoyle anyway..."

"Jonah?"

Jonah turned his face toward the voice and saw Deuce, bringing a stack of papers, walking toward him. "What's up, Deuce?" he greeted, waving his hand lazily.

"Lucky that I find you here. The Prefect was just wondering whether or not you have submitted a club registration," the blunette said. "Since Ace only just submit it yesterday, he's worried that you haven't done that too."

Jonah frowned and stared at Deuce for the longest time. "We... We have clubs here?"

Deuce blinked. "You don't know?"

Jonah slowly shook his head. "Did I miss something?"

"Yeah. We had an open house last week- Oh..." Something clicked inside Deuce's head. "That's right. You were on a break with the Prefect."

"Oh..." Jonah muttered. "Grim probably didn't give me the registration form."

"Oh!" Deuce looked through the stack he was carrying and pulled out a paper. "Here."

Jonah smiled at Deuce and read the form. There are several options there: Basketball, Hockey, Light Music, Science, Horse-Riding...

Wait a minute...

"There aren't any Cooking Club?" Jonah frowned. "That's just not fair."

"I know how that feels," Deuce sighed. "Sadly, there's no magical wheel club..."

Jonah didn't dare to ask what the heck a 'magical wheel' is. He looked down at the registration paper again, thinking about his options. Definitely not the Science Club (he had enough of Mister Crewel threatening to spank him every time his cauldron burst). And definitely no sports or music. His only options now we're Studying Movie, Gargoyle Appreciation, and Board Game.

"Heh~ what's wrong, baby seal~?"

Both Deuce and Jonah turned toward the sound as saw two teal haired teen, leaning against the bookshelves. Jonah was about to greet the Leech twins, but then he noticed that he couldn't really tell the difference between them yet. So, he just awkwardly waved his hand. "Hi?"

Deuce leaned closer to him. "Do you know them?" he whispered.

Jonah shrugged. "Sort of."

The twins exchanged a glance, smiling at each other as if they had a telepathic conversation. They walked up toward the two first-years. "It seems to me like you are deeply troubled by something..." said the boy with the left dark strand as he smiled at Jonah.

Meanwhile, the boy with the right dark strand snatched the registration paper from Jonah's hand. "Eh~ Are you signing up for a club?"

"Ah!" Jonah stood up from his seat, trying to take back his paper. But the other boy had the advantage of being taller than him. "Give it back!"

"Hey." Deuce tried to step forward. "Leave him alone."

The right-strand boy just gave him a dark glance at him, making Deuce stopped his track. The boy glanced back at Jonah, his sunny personality returned. "What club are you going to join, baby seal?"