(2) WttVW: The Stranger's Awakening

*rattle* *rattle*

A sound similar to the rattling of someone trying to open a locked box finally awoken him. When he opened his eyes again, everything was still dark, but he could feel something soft underneath him. He was lying on his back on a comfy surface. When he tried to raise his hand, he couldn't get far because he felt a carpet-like ceiling above him. He tried again, stretching his hand to the side, only to find a similar cushion-carpet-like wall beside him. Where is he now? Is he trapped? In a box maybe?

"Darn it! People are coming soon! I have to get this uniform on fast!"

Who was that this time? It didn't sound like the deep calm voice in the void. This sounded more high-pitch. The rattling continued and he tried his best to hit and kick the walls around him. He wanted to scream but it felt like the walls are closing toward him, making him couldn't breathe.

"Grrr! This lid is so heavy!"

He tried to bang the lid – wait, now that his consciousness had fully returned he realized that he wasn't laying down, but he was standing up, and the lid was a door. With this new info, he tried to push the door in front of him. His voice only finally returns but only came out as grunting.

"If it comes to this... I have to use my secret move!"

Did the voice not hear all his banging? He pressed his hand on the door once again. But this time it felt weird. It was...warmer than before?

No. Not only the door, but everything surrounding him felt warmer and stuffier. His banging and pushing continued. He didn't want to be in here. Let him out! Let him out!

The door slowly creaked open. It was falling-

And he fell with it.

"Hieeeee!" He screamed when he fell with a loud *bang!*

"Ow..." he grunted, trying to lift himself despite the soreness.

"Whaaaa!" He looked up at the owner of the high-pitched voice. It was some sort of strange creature. A cat? Maybe a raccoon? It had grey fur with some white patches on his chest and pink jellybean paws. Blue flame spurted out from his ears. Its tail ended with a pointy fork, also it was wearing a white with black stripes bow.

"Why are you awake?!" it shouted. He groaned at the yelling. He finally managed to stand up, staring straight at the creature's wide blue eyes.

"What are you?" he asked out loud, dusting himself.

The creature let out an offended grunt. "Who are you calling a 'what'?! I am the Great Grim!" The boy raised his eyebrow at the proclamation. Was it even possible for a raccoon to be this arrogant?

"Cih, whatever," the raccoon clicked its tongue. Its mouth raised to form a smirk. "You human! Give me those uniforms!"

"What uni..." He stopped and looked at his outfit. He was wearing a really elegant black robe with a purple edge and golden trim. It was slightly too big for him, so the sleeves went past his wrist nearly covering his fingers while the bottom part completely covered his brown shoes. The hood of the robe was pulled over his head.

There was only one question that came up in his mind: why would the raccoon want the uniform? It would be way too big for it.

"If not..." it raised its paws and all of a sudden blue flame ignited around them. "I'll roast you!"

He pulled himself away from the flame with a scream, not wanting to get burn. "Are you trying to kill me?!"

The raccoon let out an evil chuckle. "If you don't want to die, give me your robe!" The raccoon ran toward him at a fast speed. But, maybe in panic, he immediately ducked to the ground, letting the raccoon jumped into his box – actually, it was more like a coffin – face planted on the cushion-like surface.