(11) WttVW: Careless Tactics

"Grim! You better get down this instance before I smack you!"

Ace and Deuce finally caught up with Jonah in the empty cafeteria. Ace was secretly relieved that the headmaster wasn't here yet. Grim was sitting on the chandelier, blowing a raspberry at the shouting boy below him. "Hehehe! Catch me if ya can!"

The two Heartslabyul students ran beside Jonah. "Hah! Climbing up there just makes you a loser!" yelled Ace. That only made Grim riled up again.

"I'll show you who the real loser is!" A magic circle appeared under his feet and he blew a fireball toward him.

"Look out!" Deuce acted quickly, pushing Ace down to the ground. While Jonah jumped away, never stop glaring at the cat.

"Are you trying to burn down the school?!" he screamed. "You are not doing yourself a good favor!"

"I'm trying to burn that chicken butt!" Grim screamed back.

Ace growled underneath him. "Why you..." He tried to get up, but Deuce had no intention to get up just yet. He was mumbling to himself in a low voice, lost in his thought. Ace could imagine streams of scribbles came out from his mouth.

"I still haven't learned flying magic without broom yet...maybe something to sandwich him between, or to catch him...erm, maybe, hmm..."

Finally, Ace had enough. "Dude! Get off of me!" he yelled, snapping Deuce from his thinking process. His eyes widened as if a light bulb just lit up in his head.

"That's it!" Deuce quickly got up and took up his magical pen. Ugh, great. He would probably summon his stupid pot. Ace got up, dusting himself. When he looked up, he saw Deuce was pointing his magical pen at him?!

"O-Oi! What are you doing?!" Ace was panicking as a red magic circle appeared underneath their shoes.

"I'm going to shoot you there!" he said, focusing his magic energy into this one spell.

Behind him, Jonah looked toward him, eyes widened and face paling. "Excuse me?! Please don't-"

"Too late!" Deuce cut him off. "[SHOOT OUT! CAULDRON!]"

"Cauldron?!" It was too late for Ace to realize it. A cauldron suddenly shot out from beneath him, the boy clutching the handle like his life depends on it. His screams filled the room as he and the cauldron flew toward Grim whose eyes widened so wide.

There was one problem though.

Deuce shot the cauldron too hard. With Ace as its extra weight, even though they managed to catch Grim in there, they couldn't avoid the chandelier-

*crash!*

The cauldron smashed through the chandelier, bits came flying in the air that Ace needed to cover his face with his arm. The handle of the chandelier broke from the sudden attack and it went falling to the ground. Deuce, in his state of panic, pulled Jonah, who was in shock, away from the falling chandelier. Too hard that both of them fell to the ground, Deuce shielding Jonah from the bits.

The cauldron meanwhile smashed to the wall, disappeared in a cloud of white smoke. Grim's face smashed to the wall and squeezed between it and Ace's stomach. Without anything to support them both of them fell to the ground with a loud *thud!*

"Unbelievable..." Ace groaned out as he lifted himself in a sitting position. Beside him, Grim's eyes made a swirl, mumbling nonsense.

Deuce slowly took himself up from Jonah. Both of them stared at the broken chandelier on top of the cracked tables. Deuce and Ace slowly got up, while both Jonah and Grim stayed on the ground, both malfunctioning and unable to respond.