(19) TCT: Strict Traditions

"GEH! Prefect?!"

Rosehearts was tapping his feet, looking like an angry mother who caught her children stealing from the cookie jar. Though that gaze didn't frighten Diamond. "Hey there, Riddle! You look super cute today, too~"

Rosehearts didn't even flinch. He kept on frowning at them. "Keep talking like that, Cater, and it will be off with your head, too."

Diamond chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Come on now~ Please go easy on me~"

Roseharts then turned to Jonah, the angry tone in his glare was lessen a bit, but still, it made Jonah feel guilty for some reason. "So, the headmaster let you and the cat enroll here after all those troubles, Jonah Argentum," the prefect said as he let out a sigh, "he's too soft. The whole system will soon collapse if you keep forgiving the rule-breakers. They better off without their head."

He heard Grim growled next to him, probably didn't take well being called 'cat' once again. Jonah kept his gaze on Rosehearts', his brow frowned a little but didn't dare to speak. Riddle's eyes wandered from Jonah and Grim to Ace and Deuce. "The headmaster might have forgiven all four of you, but I won't."

"Um..." Ace raised his hand a bit, making Rosehearts focus on him. "By the way, Prefect...is it possible for you to remove this collar?"

Riddle put a hand on his hip. "Hmmph. I was thinking of removing it once you've repented, but judging from what you said a while ago, it seems like you've yet to do so. I'll have you walk around like that for a while longer."

Jonah could see Ace was trying his best not to frown or pout as Rosehearts continued, "You don't have to worry. The first-year lessons are focused more on classroom learning rather than magic training. If you can't use magic, then something like yesterday's ruckus should be impossible." His lips pulled into a smirk. "It's perfect, isn't it? Now, if you're done eating, hurry and go to your next class. Laws of the Queen of Hearts Number #271: One shall eat lunch and leave their seat within 15 minutes." His brow's frown deepened. "You know what happens when you break the rules, don't you?"

Ace quietly sighed. "Another weird rule..."

Unfortunately for him, Riddle heard it. He slammed one hand on the table and said in a commanding tone. "Answer me with 'Yes, Prefect'!"

Ace and Deuce immediately straightened up their posture. "Yes, Prefect!" they said in unison. Diamond and Clover gave them an apologetic smile.

Rosehearts nodded in satisfaction. "Very good."

Clover raised his hand. "Now, now. I will look after them for you."

Rosehearts crossed his arms in front of his chest again. "You're the vice prefect, so you better do your job properly." He then turned toward the door of the cafeteria. "I'll be taking my leave now. As stated by the Laws of the Queen of Hearts Number #339: After-meal lemon tea should have nothing more or less than 2 sugar cubes in it. To protect that rule, I shall need to buy more sugar cubes at the school store." He then clicked his tongue as he walked away, mumbling, "Good grief, the sugar pot running out of sugar cubes is a capital crime..."

The gang watched Rosehearts until they saw him leaving the cafeteria, and immediately it was easier to breathe again. Diamond let out a huge sigh. "Man...that was scary..."

"He's lookin' like a bad guy now, yanno?" Grim grumbled, crossing his paws in front of his chest.

Deuce tensed up, looking at the door again, worrying that Rosehearts suddenly come back again. When he didn't see the sign of his prefect returning, he let out a sigh. "Don't say that! That's rude."