03 - On our way

Demi's POV

I got in my car and rested my head on the wheel. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

Every now and then I found myself crying, for no particular reason. I really did try to be positive, but why? I mean sure, people may think it's selfish of me to be unhappy because I have 'everything I want'! But things or money are definitely NOT my key to happiness. I need love, as cheesy as it may sound... I do.

Love is a thing that crossed my way and left right away. Wilmer is someone who crossed my way and left right away.

Here's the thing, I don't fucking know why he left. Well I know why he literally left, but figuratively?? He had this offer, this offer to play in the movie that could mark his career. We both were so excited for him and I even let him go, go as in leave me for a long time. Of course I didn't want to at first, but I knew he would've done the same for me. We didn't even fight the day before. Yet, since the day he left, May 23th, he hasn't reached out to me. Not a call, not a text, not a mail, not a tweet... Nothing.

I can hardly describe how I'm feeling, but I can tell you it's a mix between broken, disappointed and sad. I would not call myself 'depressive': the feelings I have aren't strong enough to be called 'depressive', yet I can't find a suitable term...

I checked my phone, to see if I, maybe
-hopefully-, got news from Wilmer.

I don't know if it's fair of me to keep obsessing over him, since I don't even know if we're still a thing.

Nothing, expect for a bunch of crappy mails. One did catch my attention though.

'Taylor Swift summer party 2014 invitation'

Maybe I should go, get my mind off of things and enjoy life for a bit.
Besides, I like Taylor and it's the perfect occasion to meet new people.

I decided. I'm going.

It's the night of Taylor's party. I'm kind of excited! I wait for Scarlett to pick me up outside my house. Sitting on the stairs, not caring about the red tight dress I'm wearing. First time I dress up in a long long time. I kinda feel pretty tonight.

I text Scarlett.

D: Hey, when the fuck are you planning on picking me up?!

S: Hey butthead, I'm on my way! Isn't it you who tells everyone to not text while they're driving?

D: Should've texted me #x, so I could've known!

'Asshole!', I hear Scar scream from her car. I laughed as I got into her car.

'Finally! I'm so hungry, can we go get some food before we go to the party? Pleaseee?', I pout.

'Sure, why not. It's always a yes to food and it will always be a yes. You pay though.', I roll my eyes but can't hold the chuckle back.

'I paid last time! It's on you now!'

'I'm the one driving, remember? If you don't want me to go to KFC you better pay me Taco Bell!', Scar laughs.

'Fine.', I roll my eyes for the second time tonight.

'By the way, you look really great tonight.', I glance over at her to see if it was a sarcastic joke, like she usually would make, but she was actually serious.

'Oh, do you mean I only look great tonight and look like trash every other night?', I ask, wiggling my eyebrow.

'Shut up, you know what I mean, creep.'

'Well then... Thanks, I guess.', I shoot her a smile.

We arrive at Taco Bell and we decide to go to the drive through, so we can eat in the car and not get noticed. Yes, Scarlett is 'famous' too. Sometimes, it's kind of annoying because we have no privacy, but it's a part of our job and we gladly take it.

'You know,' Scar starts 'Wilmer truly is missing out on something.'
My smile fades away when I hear the name she just pronounced.

'I mean, he's really a dickface for letting you go! You're amazing, and I hope you know that Demetria. Don't let one dumb guy let you think otherwise!', my smile grows again when I think about how she probably had to invent that mini-speech in the little time we had spent in the car.

'Thank you Scar. It really means a lot, and I know I can always count on you. I hope you know you can as well. I don't know what I did to deserve such a good friend like you, thanks.', I hug her right after I finish my sentence.
'Friends...', I hear her say quietly.

'I love you', I whisper in her ear.
'I love you too', she whispers back.

When we let go of each other, I open the car door. 'I'm gonna throw away this mess. Are you done eating?', I point at the rests of food, I barely touched anything.

'Not yet, but it's my trash so it can stay in my car.'
I walk outside and throw away what I took with me as I see three men behind some bushes next to the bin. Then flashes. Camera flashes. I feel anger growing inside of me as I think about how the hell they found us. Do they take their camera everywhere they go or do they stalk us?

'Step aside please, I'd like to get back inside.', I hiss to one of the men, who's blocking my way.

'How do you feel about Wilmer's new girlfriend?', I hear one man shout.
'So you and Wilmer are officially over?', I hear another say.

Confused I get inside the car again.
'Demi please only one picture, please!', I hear them begging.
I roll down my window and make a peace sign and some kind of a smile.

Hey, you have to do anything to at least look good in the magazines.
As I roll up the window again, I look at Scarlett, who apparently is very amused.

'What are you laughing at?', I ask, confused.
'Nothing. I bet that fake ass smile of yours looks great on pictures.', she laughs sarcastically.
'Oh shut up!'

She starts the engine and we're on our way to the party.

'Um... Do you know what the paps were talking about?, I break the silence by asking.
'What do you mean?'
'Wilmer having a new girlfriend?'
'Wait what?'
'I know right? Do you think they were just trying to upset me or...?', I ask, looking at the floor of the car.
'I'm not quite sure.
Listen Demi, tonight's gonna be a good night. We're gonna have fun, you're gonna dance, maybe drink, meet new people... I want you to not think about him once tonight. Think you could do that for me?', I nod, knowing it would be a tough night.

---------------------------------------------

Happy new year! I wish you all the best! Thank you for reading!
Leave a comment behind!