🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾

Electricity. The sensation of electricity rushing through her veins. Sizzling inside her skin. A painful shock, forcing movement inside her every muscle. Burning heat shooting through every fiber. Myra had never felt anything like it. No pain could ever compare to what it felt like to be hit by magical, pink lightning.
     The heat disappeared when she passed out, but even unconscious she could feel the electric charge buzzing through her. Not only that, she was aware of her senses slowly starting to come back to life.
     First, it was her hearing. Although all she could hear was a high pitched ringing. With every minute that passed the ringing became louder and louder until she could feel it echo between her brain and skull. 
     Then there was the sweet smell of flowers mixed with burning flesh and something sharp and chemical. Myra got the idea the flowers were ment to rule out all the other smells, but the chemicals still stung her nostrils and the sweetness only enlarged her headache. 
     Finally the ringing in her ears started to fade, making place for something else. Voices. Myra couldn't make out what they said of whom they belonged to, the ringing was still there, following the voices like a high pitched echo overruling it's source. Myra tried to focus, forcing her ears to listen and her eyes to open, but nothing seemed to work. Instead she felt her headache worsen and her body weaken. The little energy she had couldn't keep up with what her brain wanted, forcing her to relax and accept her position. 

Warmth was the first thing she came aware off. Something warm and small was leaning against her side. Not just that, but she could feel warmth clasping her left hand. She didn't know what gave the warmth, but the idea of someone being with her was a big comfort.  
     But the warmth around her hand went away again, leaving Myra in a cold darkness. The only thing bringing her comfort was the small bundle she could still feel against her side.

A bolt of electricity shot through her body. She could feel the painful tension erupting from the center of her brain, shooting up to the top of her skull before rushing down as a waterfall. It reached her eyes and just like a stone sticking out into the stream, forcing the perfectly closed curtain of water to split and splash into different directions, the shock forced her eyelids to split apart. Revealing her forest green eyes.
     The bolt continued down her throat, spreading through her shoulders, where it left a sizzling pain, to her arms and chest. The electricity forced the muscles in her fingers to move. Myra's stomach tensed as the energy went through it, rushing through her legs and her knees until it reached her feet and toes.
    Even with her eyes open Myra couldn't see at first. Everything was white and blurry. Only after blinking multiple times she realized it wasn't a white blur, but a white ceiling and her eyes were actually functioning properly. The girl looked down noticing she was lying on a bed. Beneath her was the softest matras she had even slept on and behind her were piles of pillows. All just as soft and colorful as the bed. But even though she was surrounded by all kinds of shades of white and pink, the first thing her mind focused on was the little ball of white fur that sat curled up between her left arm and side. 
     Myra smiled lovingly at Lunch, the animal was sleeping. Careful not to wake him, Myra petted his back with two fingers. Unfortunately her efforts not to wake him the little creature responded to her touch by sticking his head up from beneath his long, pink tail. Lunch's red eyes focused on Myra, noticing she was awake the animal squeaked in delight and wasted no time before running up her arm and onto her left shoulder, standing up on his back legs and liking her cheek. The little tongue was rough against her skin, but Myra loved the feeling. 
     The burning sensation that had rushed through her body had left, except for in her right shoulder where Audrey had hit her. The sizzling pain stuck inside her skin and muscles. 
     Myra tried to push herself into a sitting position, but this only worsened the pain, spreading through the muscles in her arm and neck. 
     "That looks painful." A familiar voice came from Myra's left. Not expecting this Myra shot to her right, almost falling off the side off the bed if Uma hadn't grabbed her arm. "Chill, Cousin." The young woman said through an almost in audible laugh. "You're save." 
     Realizing it had just been Uma, who had been sitting in a soft pink sofa beside her bed, Myra relaxed and let her cousin help her sit up against the headboard. Lunch- who also had been startled, not by Uma but Myra's reaction- crawled back down from the lamp that hung beside the bed and on Myra's lap. 
     Groaning at the pain in her shoulder, Myra looked at Uma. "If I ever decide to play hero again, please just push me off the plank."
     "Unfortunately we don't have a ship here," Uma answered sitting down on the bed beside Myra, who scooted over to make some room. "But I could always smack ya on the head." 
     "That should do the trick." 
     The two looked at each other with straight faces in silence, but only for a short while because they started laughing. Uma never really showed that she cared and she didn't have to with Myra, she could always tell by the way Uma's eyes searched her face for signs of pain and her body for more injuries.  
     The door to the room opened to reveal Harry and Gil. A smile spread across Myra's face when she saw the two boys. "'Ey there, ya scoundrels!" The girl said with the most thic accent she could muster. "Good ta see ya'll's ugly mugs 'gain."
     Gil looked confused at Myra, while Harry squinted before raising an eyebrow. "So she finally went truly mental now, did she?" His words were directed at Uma, who smirked at the remark.
     "Yeah, who knew it would only take one attempt at heroism?"
     Myra scoffed through a laugh, nudging Uma with her good shoulder. "Already gave you permission to stop me next time."
     "I don't need permission for that."
     "Ow really?" Myra raised an eyebrow. "Then why didn't you stop me?"
     "'Cause you're a stubborn idiot and I thought almost dying would do you good."
     "That's what she's sayin' now." Harry chimed it. "But ya should've seen her when you were climbing the tower."
     Ignoring the remarks, Gil had made his way to Myra's side and pulled her into a hug. The blond winced when he made contact with her wounded shoulder, but tried to ignore the pain and hug Gil back.
     "I'm so happy you didn't get toasted." Gil said when he had let go of her and sat down beside her knees.
     "Well... it feels like I kinda did." Myra said, glancing at her shoulder. Only then noticing she wasn't wearing her green long coat, nor her belt and corset. But only a blue shirt with blue and yellow logo on the front. It read KNIGHTS beneath the logo and there was a small, yellow 8 on the bottom left. The shirt was a little too big, making the sleeves hang loosely around her shoulders, revealing the white bandages that had been wrapped around the wound on her right shoulder. The shirt smelled familiar, but Myra couldn't place it and honestly was too tired and confused to try. The only thing still there was her ring, bound to it's black cord.
     Harry went to her right bed side where he jumped up and sat on the headboard, his booted feet on the mattress beside Myra and- much to her surprise- kissed the top of her head. "Glad ya're still alive, Love." His voice was softer and more serious than she had ever heard him.
     A smile crept on Myra's face. She didn't respond in words, but rested her head against Harry's legs with closed eyes. Uma had hooked her right arm with her cousin's left and Gil rested his hand on her leg. They sat there in comfortable silence. All relieved they hadn't just lost one of their own.
     "Hey..." Myra spoke up, lifting her head from Harry's legs. "What happened after I got electrocuted?"

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾

A/N: Aaahhhhh
Haven't been this busy for so long, but finally a new chapter!!!

I hope it was worth the wait, I'll try my best to upload at least once a week again. But can't promise anything.

That's it!
Have a nice day/night/evening!!

~Purple Dragon
(07/08/2020)