Putting Her Foot Down 2

M: sorry Ms. Lewis but I don't think our company is the right one for you.

K: ..oh...um ok

M: good luck on something else. *I stood up and smoothed down my dress*

K: yeah thank you for your time Mr. Mann

M: thank you *we shook hands and I walked out the office. I sighed and and walked out to Jamal's car. This is the third job today. They see rehab and think the worst. I drive off and go to this last interview. I pull up to the building. I never thought I'd be back at a place like this ever. This is the only job left here in the city that doesn't require college education. I parked and got out. I went to the trunk and got a duffle bag then went inside. Once I walked in I was immediately greeted.

H: hi you must be Kameron?

K: um yeah

H: ok um the bosses are in the room to the right. You can change in the bathroom and then go in there. Your on time.

K: thanks *I gripped my bag and went into the bathroom. I took a breath and changed into my black leggings and my pink crop top. Slipped on my black air force one's high tops. I pull my hair into a ponytail. I looked in the mirror. Lord please let this dream come true for me. Amen. I smiled and walked out the bathroom. I walked into the studio. There sat three people at a table. They had on suits. I guess they ran the company. I walked out and started to stretch.

L1: you're Kameron Lewis?

K: yes ma'am

L2: now here it said you was in dance classes until 9th grade. May I ask what happened?

K: things got tight and I dropped out so my dad wouldn't have that burden on him.

L3: I see you recently got out of rehab

K: yes I was in there because I had low self-esteem and I would cut my arms but I got straight for my family and someone close to my heart.

L2: so your straight?

K: yes ma'am

L1: now you haven't danced since 9th grade, what makes you qualified for this job?

K: I have still danced since then. I was always teased for my weight and dancing was my way to let go and keep my mind off. I love the art of dance and it helps to get your feelings out without resorting to harming. It was medicine to my soul and I want to help girls learn and see how it can be a way out.

L3: ok let's see what you got *they sat back and the lady that greeted me played the song I requested. End of Time by Beyonce played. I danced and let my body do all the talking. It smoothly transitioned into O.M.G. by Usher ft Will.I.Am . I danced and showed off my twerking skills just a little bit but it didn't get ratchet with it tho. The beat slowed and transformed into Porn Star by August Alsina. I moved my hips and closed my eyes. I thought of Jamal. I danced as if it was just him and me in a room alone. Once I finished all eyes were on me. They smiled and clapped.

L2: you have totally thrown out all of our thoughts about you. You have blown us away.

L1: so in other words....you have the job!

K: OH MY GOSH THANK TOU SO MUCH!!!!! *I smile and shake their hands.*

L3: you're welcome, first day is Monday. Your class is the teenagers every Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 4 to 7 and Saturday at noon to 4

K: ok thank you so much

L1: you're welcome. Amy will let you know all the performances for the girls. *I shook hands with them and I walked out the room. I went into the bathroom and changed. I called the girls and told them we going out to celebrate, no men allowed. I got in Jamal's car and drive home. I pulled up and got out. I looked at the time it was almost 6. I knew once I walked in something was gonna be said. Before I could open the door good I was questioned by Jamal.