2

we've had a two week break for the holidays. sadly, it's coming to an end. but i don't want to think about all that. i mean, its new years eve. me and calum were invited to go over luke's house for a little get together. nothing big, just the four of us. luke asked me on the phone earlier.

"hey ashton. do you and calum want to join me and mikey tonight? we're throwing a little new years eve get together thing." luke asked.

i thought about it. seeing luke and michael kiss when the ball drops was going to be hard. but going out seems better than staying in with calum, watching the outsiders on repeat. don't get me wrong. i love the movie, the guys are all hot - especially dally - but i've seen it too many times.

"yeah, of course we will come!" i replied. calum walks in after i hang up.

"come to where?" he asked.

"luke invited us to go to his place tonight." calum looked shocked because we're loners. never really get invited to things, even if luke was our friend.

"michael gonna be there also?" calum seemed distant.

"yes, but we will have to put up with him." i gave him a smile. "do you want to come?"

"yeah sure.  i was gonna watch the outsiders tonight, but i guess i can come." he said making me laugh because i was right. "what time?"

now i felt dumb. i didn't even ask the time to come! "um let me ask." i mumbled. calum laughed while walking away.

i dialed luke's number and he answered on the second ring. "missed me already?" 

i blushed from his comment. "no" i cleared my throat. "i forgot to ask about the time."

"oh right. now, if that's okay?" he questioned.

"oh shit. i'm not ready." i run to my room. "we will be there in an hour."

while running up the steps, i holler to calum "we're leaving in 40 minutes!" 

i was dressed in black jeans, a gray nirvana shirt, and my old black vans, the usual. calum was wearing the same thing. he decided it would be "cute" if we matched.

on the way there, i just kept thinking about luke and michael together. i know it's something i need to get used to, but i haven't gotten used to it yet and they have been going out for 4 weeks now. it's kind of stressing me out a bit. i mean, i really like luke, but i can't have him if he's dating my bully.

but on the other hand, i was scared for him. michael would beat him up if luke either told someone about them, or broke up with him. if i was in that type of relationship, i would defiantly tell someone. he wouldn't beat me up if i always had calum around me, which i do. but i don't want to date michael, i want to date luke.

my thoughts went away when calum said, "ash, whats wrong? i've been talking to you but you're not responding." he frowned.

"hm what? i'm fine. i'm just thinking, that's all." i said, looking out the window.

"about what? luke? luke and michael?" i frowned. he knew me too well.

we were in the car almost at luke's house at the moment.

"you got to get yourself a boyfriend. maybe luke will get jealous, and want you." cal offered.

"that's smart, but if they break up, michael beats luke up."

"nothing bad will happen to luke if i'm around." he seemed so sure of himself.

"calum, you can't be with luke 24/7. michael will think something is up."

"i hate how you think ashy. just go on with my plan. i promise, i won't let anything bad happen to luke. i like him too, not the way you do though. but he's a good guy."

seems like i'm getting myself a boyfriend.

we finally turned into luke's driveway. me and calum just walk in without knocking, because friends don't knock. 

"ashton calum! take a seat! we're watching miley sing at times square!" luke said enthusiastically.

"yeah, come in why don't you." michael said sarcastically. 

"mikey" luke warned him but then placed a kiss on his lips. i had to hold in my puke. it was 11:19 at the moment, which means that the ball will drop in less than an hour. "yall wanna play a game to kill time?"

"what game?" i ask.

"truth or dare, or spin the bottle." luke replied.

"SPIN THE BOTTLE." i said, covering my mouth after, not meaning to yell it. i cleared my throat. "i mean, spin the bottle sounds fun."

calum chuckled but stopped after i kicked him in the shin.

"everyone fine with spin the bottle?" luke asked the three of us. we all nodded. we then got in a circle on the ground while luke got a bottle of sparkling grape.

"sparkling grape, really? it's new years eve! where's the alcohol?" calum said.

"i don't drink, sorry." luke said. "alright, i'll spin first." it stops on calum. i feel a tight knot in my chest from jealousy. but then i remembered, it's just a game.

luke crawled over on calum's lap confidently, their lip connect. the kiss lasted about 10 seconds before luke backs away and goes back to his spot on the floor. "don't worry babe, you're still my number one." luke pecks michael's cheek as michael was jealous. 

now calum spins the bottle. it spins for what seems like forever and stops on me. we've kissed plenty of times, as friends, so i didn't really care. but he looked a little nervous. why? since he was sitting right beside me, i just scooted and he moved closer and kissed me before i could respond. the kiss lasted almost a minute. why did we kiss for so long? why didn't i turn away? i quickly grab his hand and pull him outside.

"why did we kiss for so long?" i asked him.

"well, i told you that you need to get a boyfriend so luke would get jealous." calum responded. well that was smart.

"great idea, cal!" i said while walking back to the circle. "okay, my turn to spin."

it stopped on michael.