She probably can tell I'm guilty. I'm sure she can.

"Kris, I_,"

Without looking at me, Krisdana's right hand went up in the air immediately to stop me from talking. Her eyes remained on Miranda as she cut me halfway in mid sentence, leaving me no chance to complete whatever it was that was about to leave my mouth in defense. To be honest, I wasn't even sure of what I was about to say.

"Go onn," she told Miranda. Her voice was almost a whisper.

"If I continue, Yure will have a heart attack." Miranda deadpanned. Her eyes fixed on me as I trembled hopelessly, awaiting the worst.

I honestly wanted to just take Krisdana away, but the way she seemed so eager to hear more from Miranda, I knew she wouldn't let me.

"Yure," Miranda said. "Please do the honors of telling your girlfriend the truth. She deserves to know. In the meantime, I'll be on my way to Class A to read out my list," she waved that list in her hand at our faces, before walking past us and towards Class A.

As soon as Miranda left us, there was a silence between us. As Krisdana stood by me like a statue, not even moving a muscle and staring at the tiled ground of the hallway, I searched my mind for possible things to say.

"Kris..," I tried calling her, but she didn't move.

"Kris..," I called again, but still no response.

"Look, what Miranda said..," I proceeded to explain, but immediately she cut me short.

"Tell me it isn't true and I'll believe you." Was what Krisdana said to me.

"What?" I breathed.

Thats when she looked away from the ground and to my face. I saw that her eyes were already tearing up and it broke my heart to pieces.

"Tell me it's not true and I'll believe you," she repeated with a shaky tone, looking deep into my eyes.

It honestly shattered me seeing her this way.

It was like she was desperately trying to not believe the truth. Almost like she knew it was the truth and was just desperately looking for any slight thing to believe it wasn't.

"Yure, tell me it's not true and I'll believe you," she said the third time, holding onto my shirt. The urgency in her distressed tone was too alarming now - like she was about to lose her goddamn mind.

As I watched her without saying a word, I was shattered. Her brown eyes were already filled with tears threghtning to drop any moment, her hands shook in anxiety as she held on to my shirt, and it seemed her breathing got harsher now.

I hadn't already told her anything yet, and she was already losing it.

I knew Krisdana. She was not going to take this well. She definitely wasn't.

"Yure, for the last time..," she said through gritted teeth. She wasn't angry, I could tell. She was just very scared. Scared of hearing me say it was true. Scared of hearing me tell her I made a fool of her. Scared of hearing me tell her I had betrayed our love. Scared of hearing me tell her that I just decided to throw away four and a half years of us in a heartbeat.

"..tell me it's not true..and I will believe you," Krisdana said one more time. This time, it seemed she was now getting angry again - but now, at me. Her hands started loosening its grip on my shirt, as if she was letting go.

Was she about accepting the truth?
Was she?

If she was, that means I was going to lose her.