Chapter 22 The Akatsuki's Arrival Battle of the Sharingan

A few days have passed since the battle at the Great Naruto Bridge and Zabuza, Anko, and Team Ice are recovering at the hospital waiting to be fully treated by Lady Hokage upon agenda. This was due to the fact that as Hokage certain envoys had to be taken. This wasn't like in a certain spinoff where all the Hokage had to do was public accolades and paperwork all day. Also Tsunade wanted to stay an extra day or two to celebrate the new contract so she could get a good drink while on her "vacation". Tsunade kept a low profile like always so she had Lady Shizune and Mina be her personal bodyguards. As to why a adult Genin would be alongside the Hokage girls night that's all I can say hehehe. Nonetheless, Jiraya was assigned to take Naruto onto another training trip as a precaution. Meanwhile, Sasuke is perfecting and pushing the limits of his Chidori. He though he has a better grasp of it compared to canon, it still doesn't change the fact that he drive and nindo is revenge. Hopefully with nurture and guidance, Sasuke's dark craving can be channeled in a way to keep him from the dark path.  He then notices a summoners hawk looming over his head; which meant his adopted father Kakashi was calling for him. Simultaneously Itachi and Kisame then arrive at the hidden leaf village. 

From here it plays about the same though Kakashi's a bit more proficient with his Sharingan since he adopted and trained Sasuke further in this timeline. This does mean that he's able to endure the Tsukuyomi better than in canon; however, Itachi calls Kisame back right when ight Guy arrives. After reporting the situation to the elders and council they leave things to Jiraya for now since the two are in a public area and the Akatsuki can't risk unnecessary attention. Not to mention, he's one of the legendary Sannin so he should be able to hold his own at the very least.

 They then send a messenger hawk to alert Lady Hokage. "Delivery and summons for lady Tsunade should take about two to three days time. Honestly why didn't she allow the Hokage's guard to accompany her?!", Homura debriefed. "She always had a habit of doing her own thing besides this her first chance to unwind since with everything going on recently. Let the women enjoy", Koharu suggested. "I see... let's jeopardize the security of the village and its jinjuriki so the spoiled brat of the First Hokage could have an off day?!!!", Homura retorted stoically. "There are some things that only a kunoichi would understand", Koharu replied. "Oh please Koharu your glory days are long behind you this is about the safety and security about the village", Homura replied. "And you should stop acting like a glorified stooge?!! How dare question my beauty and intellect?!!", Koharu nagged in response. The two elders are usually more composed than this but they're still grieving over the sacrifice and death of Hiruzen. They never saw eye to eye but both as Team Tobirama as well as the whole of the village, they were family. Danzo then made his presence known by slamming his cane against the ground stirring the two elders' attention. "That's enough. You are distinguished members of Konoha as well as members of the Konoha council. Now Jiraya almost constantly secludes himself with those toads when he's not "researching" for his smut or more importantly investigating the Akatsuki. If things should get out of hand, I'll have my forces secure both objectives personally", Danzo said sternly.

We then cut to the village Jiraya and Naruto were sent for there training. Not too long after checking in, they spot a sexy, flirtatious woman seducing and enticing the two; specifically Jiraya. The Pervy sage cleverly sends Naruto to practice chakra control in the hotel room as he gets better acquainted with the sexy lady. Naruto snarled at the obvious lie but Lord Hiashi and Neji would more than likely kill him if this got out so for his own sake he complies. Meanwhile, Sasuke after attending to the clerk dashes through the floors and hallways hoping he makes it in time. As Sasuke's getting closer to his destination, Naruto receives a knock of his own. He then goes over to unlock the door; but it's not Sasuke that's on the other side. The door opens to reveal the rouge older brother of Sasuke...Itachi Uchiha!!!

Next Time:

Chapter 23

The Tsukuyomi 

The Darkness is Nigh