Chapter 2 The Story begins The Path to find my Ninja Way

(Authors note Naruto although knowing about Minato and Kushina intrigues him, he's focused more so on proving his worth in the here and now and becoming Hokage.) Mina leaves to meet Kakashi home as Naruto ponders on how he can research the fourth Hokage and use what he learned to complete his dream. And with that introduction out of the way, we can focus on the real hero of this part.

After Itachi's betrayal and massacre of the Uchiha clan, their family Sasuke has only been driven to and by one goal to kill Itachi and restore/ honor the Uchiha name. However, Sasuke's heart isn't as dark as his canon counterpart's thanks to Kakashi adopting him. Yikes Danzo gets outmaneuvered twice lol. Anyway, Hiruzen allowed this because Kakashi had the Sharingan as well as the fact that Kakashi's path to darkness wasn't too far off from his. Yeah Sasuke's a bit of a daddy's boy much like Kawaki over Lord Seventh in Boruto. Nonetheless, Naruto is more confident when it comes to social interactions as well as not being so dense when it comes to romance. A later plot point that I'm going to take my time with. 

Although Team 7 was decided by the class stats I'm going to decide that Kiba becomes the new dead last instead of Naruto. Naruto still flunked the genin exams two times prior but the third time which is the pilot of episode one he passes. This happens because Mina scolds him and makes him study more though let's be honest Naruto only best Kiba by a bit because he had to partner with Akamaru in order to use the shadow clone justu. He was able to do this because in part one Akamaru was a puppy and could hide inside his jacket if need be. This led to the notion that Kiba was resonating his chakra with his ninja hound rather than using his own strength. If Iruka-sensei exposed him outright he would be expelled and disgraced by both his clan and the village so Iruka decided to let it slide. 

However, Kiba to save face badmouths Naruto for being a worthless nobody and the demon child repeater just got lucky this time that's all. The other kids laughed cruelly except for Sasuke because he didn't really care and Sakura because she felt pity for Naruto. Sure, he was a delinquent and an annoying prankster, but he wasn't that bad. Though she was only being nice to him because he was Sasuke's adoptive brother and she pined for Sasuke. Thus, Naruto's crush on her remains intact. Nonetheless Naruto stormed off with tears in his eyes before he could receive his official headband. This leads to Mizuki tricking Naruto into stealing the forbidden scrolls thus the pilot continues as per normal. Kiba is dead last only because he used Akamaru to cheat; whereas Naruto couldn't utilize and control his chakra properly for the Justsu until the forbidden scroll showed him how to do it; so, the opening narrative and theme remains. Kiba maybe the Yamcha of the Narutoverse but I'm going to throw him a bone at certain points. And yes, that pun was totally intended. 

For the most part, the Konoha 12 were tested mostly on basics transformation and the fundamentals of being ninja. So, flunking one category isn't too bad. But even so the team dynamics are still the same. Only differences being Kiba's taken down a peg much earlier on and thus is further inspired in his training. The bell test and its moral still go about the same but with a bit of a twist. After Mina blabbed about Naruto being the son of the fourth Hokage, he wanted to do some research about Minato and how to better his growth as a ninja. The way Naruto sees it his father was a shinobi that was vastly recognized and became an ace in the battlefield. Though not as naturally gifted, he was eager to learn. This leads to Naruto talking to Hiruzen more as a result bonding with Konohamaru and the trio. 

Long story short, Naruto asks the third Hokage to teach him the fourth's legendary technique the rasengan. Hiruzen refuses and lamenting to himself for having a soft spot for the boy. Naruto fumes and bad-mouths before leaving the office in a huff. Mina told him Kakashi's stories about Minato-sensei and what he was like including a very oversimplified definition on how to form the rasengan. This doesn't work but Naruto discovers a new technique Hurricane sphere which is just a mass amount of pressured wind chakra compressed into the shape of an orb. Why does this technique matter? because of his and Sasuke's proper sibling rivalry. They're too busy getting at each other's throats until Naruto brings up Sasuke's "dream" which really is him declaring that Sasuke is nothing but a whiny emo who can't let go of the past and proceeds to mock him with fake sobbing. Sakura still obsessing over Sasuke wants to smack Naruto upside the head for being an insensitive jerk, but she realizes Naruto's plan. Sasuke with tears in his one temol Sharingan eyes begins to lash out at Naruto and the two fight with Sakura pleading for the two to stop until Sasuke goes overboard. "Chidori!!!", Sasuke conjures lighting around his hand lunging straight for Naruto with the ladder testing his new hurricane orb after forming a shadow clone for the assist. Its not as potent as against an actual rasengan but the clash between the two of them could cause massive damage. Kakashi intercepts the two attacks while Sakura seized her chance, while the elite Jonin was distracted, Sakura leapt in to give the illusion that she was trying to stop the two when really, she was trying to swipe the bells form Kakashi's side. However, the sensei uses the one temol of the Sharingan to speed blitz the three and maneuver the two away from each other causing the attacks to detonate in separate directions.