Chapter 19 Lady Fifth Takes the Stage A Dark Reunion Amidst the Breeze

Upon returning to Konoha, Lady Tsunade is inaugurated as not only the Fifth Hokage but as the First Lady Hokage as well and an adored one at that. Soon after she began healing Rock Lee, Kakashi, and Mina. They each need a bit of time to recover but Lee's able to continue being a ninja, Mina no longer has any remaining poisons or aftereffects straining her chakra network and Kakashi is given a few days leave so he can actually recover.  Later that evening, Lady Hokage partners with the newly formed committee to organize the S-rank missions to re-cultivate Konoha's might and morale. One of these missions, required the summons of Zabuza and Team Ice. 

Haku was about to finally speak with the Sarutobi clan elders after completing a dogpile of missions roughly back to back. If it weren't for this mission Haku and Kin were definitely going to celebrate tonight; however, duty calls. He's a bit relieved that this would be a joint mission; and most of these missions have been reconnaissance. However, Team Ice comprising of Kin, Dosu, and Zaku will be headed to the site of the Great Naruto Bridge and conversing with Tazuna on the feudal lord's behalf regarding trade deals and a pseudo encampment for Konoha ninja to better strategize against the Land of Water. They do have the surrender of the Hidden Sand as well as a debt that they'll honor to the leaf but Lady Hokage wants to save it as an absolute last resort. "With all due respect Lady Hokage if Haku and Zabuza are going on their own mission then who's leading team Ice?", Dosu respectfully asked. "Why that would be you Dosu congratulations on getting promoted to chunin", Lady Tsunade replied. It takes a moment for Team Ice to process but eventually they all..."NANI?!!!" 

"You've all done great work alongside me these past few months and I couldn't ask for a better squad. Even though you'll still have the namesake of Team Ice, how does it feel to be leading Team Dosu again?", Haku inquired. Dosu was a bit teary-eyed but tried to save face, Kin was endeared for there squad but there was more to come though she decided to enjoy the moment. Zaku on the other hand was a bit bitter but he wasn't as egotistical about it as he was a few months ago when he got tricked into perving into Anko's tent; yeah no humility in the world could make you forget being nearly poisoned and gnashed to death in the wrath of a woman's scorn. "I get it man things are tight right now and we need the most skilled ninja on ops. As long as I get to fight and get stronger I don't care." Kin and to a lesser extent Tsunade and Shizune were expecting Zaku to have a much worst reaction; but apparently the egotistical loud mouth has matured for the better. At that moment the noble leader of the Anbu made his presence known. "I hate to cut the childish celebration but can we continue the briefing and the real issue at hand?", Lord Danzo insufferably ranted. 

Lord Hokage reminds him that despite nobility and politics its the Hokage that decides briefings and military operations. "I'm not as accommodating as Lord Third Danzo so I suggest that you remember your place in the Hidden Leaf Village and that goes double for you "associates". Danzo scowled and continued with Zabuza and Haku's mission. "Gentlemen we have received word that the Akatsuki are sighted within the Land of Fire with there destination seemingly towards the village we have to presume the worst and intercept them before they reach official Konoha territory." "Any conformation on which members Lord Danzo?", Haku inquired. "Despite carving a replicate Executioners blade to validate your death Zabuza there's somethings about our past ", Danzo replied. "Save the pleasantries I get to kill Kisame that's all that matters", Zabuza replied annoyed. "I understand your grievances but this is an important. Besides not only Kisame you'll be confronting but a rogue of the hidden leaf as well", Danzo entailed. "Whoever they are We'll kill them the same", Zabuza bantered. Danzo then slammed the Hokage table in frustration to the annoyance of Lady Hokage. "Don't you dare underestimate Itachi Uchiha!!!", Danzo roared. There was an awkward silence in the room. "Sasuke's older brother the rogue who slaughtered his entire clan", Lady Shizune noted the first to speak. "So what?! Kisame is my only concern so some overpowered brat greedy for power is nothing to me but we'll be careful", Zabuza replied respectfully. "You're confrontation should be a last resort. Prior to their side hobby of abducting Jinjuriki, they were political mercenaries. So Team Dosu you're mission is securing a trade contract with Tazuna while Zabuza and Haku disguised as Jiraya and Naruto with transformation jutsu will lure the Akatsuki to the border to we can better engage them", Lord Fifth briefed. Danzo cringed a bit with Tsunade displaying a very smug grin. Although inconvenient,  Zabuza knew the deeper meaning behind such a basic and redundant strategy. He couldn't risk political exposure using the executioner's blade within Land of Water territories. As such he couldn't engage his bitter enemy right away. Itachi though did intrigue the demon to an extent. "I still suggest Kakashi Hatake assist Zabuza to combat Itachi's Sharingan", Lord Danzo advised sternly. "Why Danzo if didn't know any know better, I dare said you were trying to clean up one of your own messes? After all we're all high ranked and this is a black ops S-rank mission on both ends so you might as well give me the whole truth", Tsunade decreed. "Vile woman if she wasn't the granddaughter of the First Hokage...", Danzo growled. "Lord Third and I alongside the elders did everything in our power to keep the hidden leaf village strong and safe; that included getting our hands dirty more often than not. And despite being one of the founding clans they had the gaul and betray their loyalty and threaten a cue against us. It needed to be done and the shame and damnation of his treason broke Itachi and made him the perfect pawn to our enemy", Danzo explained. The noble of obviously down playing certain details but she could discover that for herself in the debriefings and the Hokage scrolls. "In any case you have you mission so be sure to carry it out without fail. Dismissed!!!", Tsunade concluded. The Demonic duo and Team Dosu set out to the land of waves for what could potentially be their most dangerous mission yet.
After being healed, Rock lee wanted to start training again to speed his recovery those most times he was out of bed, Lee was under the effects of his "medicine"; so Mina didn't want go that far for training. Might Guy encouraged Lee's spirit and makes him do the usual drills but with lesser stains. Mina's furious at this knowing full well that Lee's medicine is just sake to help with the pain which for a child is not the most appropriate or healthy painkiller. A recovered Kakashi then entered the room waiting to take Mina home. Mina after dressing into her hoodie and black skirt since dressing back into her battle attire would be pointless right now. 

As they walk through the village, Kakashi contemplates his relationship with Mina, what Yamato had said during the mission, and his feelings surrounding it all.. "Kakashi I love you", Mina confessed. "W-Why did that suddenly come up?!", Kakashi exclaimed now distracted from his thoughts. "Just saying what I'm thinking Hehehehe", Mina giggled. "Damn you...", Kakashi sighed flustered. He with the corner of his eye somewhat longingly which Mina notices. "She's always been there for me and confessed to me multiple times and yet I've never given an answer. I can't believe that it would take this long", Kakashi monologued. "Hey Mina...", Kakashi started. "Yes?", Mina asked. "About what you just said...", Kakashi continued sheepishly. This gets Mina's attention as she tilts her head to the side confused. "I...", Kakashi continued but then suddenly the ninja cat got his tongue. "Why is it so hard to say?!", Kakashi thought to himself.  Mina stares at the flustering copy ninja confused. "I also...", Kakashi keeps trying to reword what's he's trying to say but the words just won't come out. Mina then turns over entirely to the point that she's right in his face.  Kakashi just keeps getting nervous and slightly frustrated at Mina's constant gaze. "can you please not stare at me so much", Kakashi fumed lightly pinching Mina's nose. "I can't help it. You are so cute when you're blushing", Mina replied blushingly causing Kakashi to blush in turn. "What", Kakashi flustered. After taking a moment to collect themselves, Mina began the conversation again. "So what were you about to say?", Mina asked. Kakashi again blushes but quickly regains his composure. "Oh nothing", Kakashi replied as he walked away. Mina after processing what was going on realizes her blunder and how her love tried to play it off. "W-Why if that?", Mina gapped questionably. "What are they damn teenagers?", Yamato thought observing. 

The two teams then arrived at the land of waves and prepare to begin the mission. "You ready Haku?", Zabuza asked. "Yes Master Zabuza", Haku answered. The two nodded to each other and commenced the plan. "Transform!!!", the demon duo replied as a puff of smoke. When the dust settles the Pervy sage and the number 1 hyperactive knucklehead ninja emerge.  The five then complete their destination to the Waves village with two sinister ninja and dark cloud like garb lie in wait.

Next Time 

Chapter 20 

The Return to the Great Naruto Bridge 

The Ice Demon vs The Serpent Shark