Chapter Fifty Three

Comenzar desde el principio

The palace, in order to even reach the gates, you needed to run around the outskirts of the capitol and around to the outer gates that could be reached from a long sandy path.

Minho and Changbin first had to get to that path.

"Daddy?" Hei-ran looked up as Minho pushed Danbi even faster. "Why are we going so fast?"

"No reason, baby," Minho tucked her underneath his black cloak and looked around. They were running through busy streets now, the night market bustling as people walked around in the fresh night air.

"Out of the way!" Changbin yelled as the two in black cloaks and fast horses ran through the streets, nearly knocking villagers off their feet. "Move!"

They turned right through the streets until they were running along the more empty roads that would lead to the path up to the palace gates. "This is a security nightmare," Minho noted. "I should do something about that."

"We can't stay here that long," Changbin sent his way.

"I know. But I can make some suggestions when we get there," Minho ducked under a tree branch as their horses' feet met the sandy gravel of the path up to the palace. "Here we are," Minho nodded as he looked underfoot. "This is better."

The three horses thundered up the path, the guards at the top guarding the palace gates heard them from a mile up and were ready by the time the horses came into view.

Two black horses with riders cloaked and a smaller golden horse riding behind them, riderless. They sealed the gates and guards rushed forward with spears. "Stop!"

"Why are we always being stopped! I thought you were the prince!" Changbin yelled as they rushed to stop their horses before they crashed into the spear points.

Minho pulled back hard, Danbi skidding to a stop right in front of the guards who were glaring up at them on their tall rides.

"Can you open the doors please?" Minho groaned, rolling his eyes. "Are you new here? Where is Captain Yoon?"

"Get off your horses!" the guards yelled. "We will shoot if orders are not fulfilled!"

"You idiots," Minho pulled out the seal. "I never knew it was this hard to get into my own palace."

Changbin glanced over. "Isn't it your brother's palace?"

"Whatever," Minho held it out for the guard in front of him to see. "Can I go in now, please?"

"No weapons are permitted on the royal grounds," the main guard atop the tower yelled down.

Minho rolled his eyes and tossed his bow and quiver of arrows down on the ground.

Changbin sheathed his sword and passed it to the guard in front of him with a nod. "Take care of that. It was pretty expensive."

The younger guard could only nod.

As the doors opened, another set of guards were waiting for them on the inside. Minho reined his horse in and slowly walked inside.

"Please state your names. We will inform the king of your arrival."

"Well now, I'm Prince Lee Minho of the Lee Kingdom and your prince, and this is my friend, Master Seo Changbin from the Han Kingdom. Is that good enough?"

There were murmurs that went around the guards. Minho watched them carefully as two broke off from the group and ran towards the inner palace. "We're going to have to ask you to wait here until we have permission to let you in," the main guard told them.

"Geez, we should have brought General Jeon," Changbin muttered as he leaned back in his saddle. "This would have been much easier. I'm sure they all know what he looks like."

"Daddy?" Hei-ran poked her head out of the top of Minho's cloak, scaring the guards watching them. "Are we there yet?"

"Look around," Minho pulled her out of his cloak. "This was where Daddy grew up. Isn't it pretty?"

"Hm..." Hei-ran looked around, before looking up at her father. "I like back home more."

"Ha!" Minho laughed as he set Hei-ran on his lap and bounced her up and down. "What do you mean? Is the mountain better than this?"

"Yes!" Hei-ran beamed. "Much better."

"I'm going to have to agree at this point," Changbin muttered, nodding as two well-dressed men walked out after their soldiers, a long line of servants following after them.

"MINHO?" The shorter of the two blinked as he found his younger brother in front of him. "Minho! It is you! I thought they were mistaken," he ran off from his group and right to Minho's side as Minho grinned widely and slipped off his horse, holding Hei-ran as he did so.

"Ji-hoon!" Minho set his daughter down on the ground and hugged his brother tight. "Hyungnim!"

"Minho?" Minho's cousin narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

Minho pulled away from Ji-hoon's embrace. "Oh, Yongjae? You're here?"

"Yep," Yongjae grinned. "I'm stuck here."

"Minho, what are you doing here?" Ji-hoon looked down at Hei-ran, who was tugging at her father's cloak while standing behind him. "And who is this?"

"This is your niece, Lee Hei-ran," Minho picked Hei-ran off the ground and held her up so that she was face to face with Ji-hoon. "Hei-ran, this is your uncle."

"Uncle?" Hei-ran looked up at Minho. "I have more uncles?"

"Yes, you do," Minho looked back at Changbin who was still on his horse. "And you remember Changbin?"

"From your wedding?" Ji-hoon bowed to Changbin as he quickly dismounted his horse and came to stand at Minho's side. "Yes, I believe I do."

"Come on," Yongjae glanced at the group before walking back to the inner palace. "I think we should tell your other siblings."

Minho nodded as he took Hei-ran's hand as they walked after Yongjae and Ji-hoon towards the throne room where Min-hyuk would still be, working.

Sure enough, King Lee Min-hyuk and Lord Jooheon were nose-deep in work when they arrived in the room, Ji-hoon throwing the doors open as they walked into the building. "Hyungnim!"

Min-hyuk looked up to find a shocking group standing before him. "Oh, Minho?" he stood from his throne in shock.

Minho bowed before his brother, helping Hei-ran to do the same. Changbin bowed as well from where he stood behind Hei-ran and Minho.

"Minho, what are you doing here?" Min-hyuk ran down from the throne as Lord Jooheon stood up from his desk. "Why aren't you still training with Master Sang-hyuk?"

"He finished training already," Changbin bowed as he spoke, Min-hyuk's attention turning to him. "But we are in need of your assistance now."

"Tell me, what could you possibly need that you came all the way over here instead of writing a letter?" Min-hyuk stepped back with narrow eyes. "Has something happened?"

"We need you to come back with us," Minho said firmly, staring up at his brother. "For the sake of both our kingdoms."