Steady in the Mist (Analogical)

Start from the beginning

Virgil froze, breath hitched. Logan spoke, low and soft, but steady and comforting. "Virgil? Are you alright?"

***

Virgil knew that presence. A weight on his shoulder. Something.... Steady. Solid. Real.

"Virgil? Are you alright?"

Still not awake, Virgil relaxed ever so slightly.

***

Logan felt and saw Virgil relax under his hand and decided that more closeness would be justified. He put his left arm over Virgil's side and around his stomach and chest as he started to lay down more fully behind the smaller boy.

***

Weight around his middle. An arm. Comforting. Strong. Solid.

Virgil rolled slightly and barely could make out a stern shape above and behind him.

"Logan?" Virgil barely mumbled as he rolled his shoulder into Logan's chest, looking up at him.

"Yes, I'm here Virgil."

The dark side seemed to melt as he closed his eyes again with a soft exhale, rolling slightly back onto his side. Logan moved his hand from Virgil's shoulder further across his back as he moved to lay behind him.

Virgil shuddered. Logan froze, expecting the usually anxious side to hunch up and go tense again. He certainly was not expecting him to lean into the touch. Slowly Logan began rubbing his hand across Virgil's back. Virgil shuddered again every few moments, but was gradually leaning more and more into Logan. The logical side eventually wrapped his arm around Virgil, pulling him closer in a firm yet gentle hug. Virgil turned to lean his head on Logan, facing him more. Logan moved his right hand to brush the ever present fringe from the sleeping side's eyes. Softly he kissed the dark boy's forehead.

"Rest well, storm cloud."

Virgil stirred, flopping his right arm onto Logan's side in a loose, sleepy hug and the usually stoic side smiled softly.

***

Patton was finally finished cleaning up, pastries browning in the oven. "I better go check if Virgil actually slept any or just listened to MCR for a while" he thought, heading toward the purple door. He gently opened it, and what he saw made him freeze and clamp his hand over his mouth in an attempt to not squeal from the cuteness overload.

Logan was half laying down, carding his fingers through a sleeping Virgil's hair. Virgil himself had his head on Logan's ribcage, one arm flopped over the taller side's waist, breathing deeply in a true contented sleep.

Logan looked up as Patton moved away from the door.

"Oh, Patton? Would you mind bringing me the book on my desk, near the top left corner I believe, as well as some jasmine tea?"

Patton just nodded and scurried off to make the best dang jasmine tea Logan had ever tasted if it just meant he would keep cuddling the sleeping Virgil.

***

Virgil slowly became aware of... light? Contented warmth. The same presence as earlier. Solid shapes and feelings. No more mist and obscurity. He now had a blanket on him and someone was running their fingers through his hair. Slowly and methodically placing every piece before messing it up again.

Breath. The rising and falling of a chest. Logan. Logan???

Virgil's eyes blinked open, squinting at the sudden light. Rubbing his eyes he turned his head away, which just meant he was burying his face into Logan's chest. Logan set down his book and turned to see Virgil better. "Good afternoon. Do you feel rested? You were in a fairly deep state of sleep for a long while. Patton's baking is out of the oven and he has requested your judgement of his skills, if you are so inclined."

Virgil just looked up at Logan in slight confusion. "How long have you been here?"

"Oh I've been here since about 3. It's nearly half past 5 now."

Virgil kept looking at Logan between rubbing his eyes, then suddenly stopped, blushing.

"Is everything alright Virgil?"

"Did... did you call me Storm Cloud?"

Logan paused, also blushing slightly. "Yes, I did. Is that alright? I won't do it again if-"

"No. I... I like it." Virgil buried his face in his hands again. "It's nice, coming from you."

Logan squeezed his shoulders in a warm hug.

"Well, I will keep that in mind," he gently removed the anxious side's hands from his face, leaning closer "storm cloud." Gently, Logan pulled Virgil forward into a chaste, sweet kiss.

***

Patton, barely keeping his squeal of delight from escaping, decided that he would just wait in the kitchen for the two right brain boys to come out and get their own desserts.