Chapter 6

"Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person." - Kermit the Frog

Chapter 6:

The flight was long and boring. Jun Pyo tried to pass the time by reading some magazines that he brought along but found himself stealing glances at Jae Kyung, who was sitting in front of him, ignoring him the entire flight. It annoyed him because he knew she was doing it on purpose to annoy him.

Frustrated, he tried to lie down to get some sleep but found he couldn't. So many thoughts were running through his head. It had been over a year since he was last home. His mother and sister had been delighted to hear of his visit (his mother even happier he was coming with Jae Kyung). His father was busy trying to slowly get back into the swing of things (he'd been seeing numerous specialists to ensure things got back to "normal"). His friends...

He frowned.

Did his friends know he was coming back?

He glanced at the top of Jae Kyung's head, which was all he could see of her. She would have told them, he was sure of it. He was sure they'd be at the airport waiting for him when they landed.

He smiled smugly to himself. His friends had texted and called him quite regularly the past year. Most of the time he missed their calls and forgot to text back.

But he knew them well. They grew up together, after all.

They'd be there.

...

As soon as their flight landed, Jun Pyo breathed a sigh of relief. He stretched his arms and legs and ran his hand quickly through his hair. He put on his trademark scowl and got off the plane. Jae Kyung just gave him an amused smirk, as she walked in front of him.

He got onto the terminal, his eyes discreetly sweeping around in search of his friends. When he got near the exit, his scowl deepened. He was expecting them to be casually standing by, waiting for him to appear.

Where were they?

Ah, they must be waiting outside the terminal.

They exited the terminal and he saw Jae Kyung step into a black car parked right outside. She beckoned him to come in. He couldn't hide his annoyance as he sat inside the car. His friends weren't there either. Did they not know he was coming home? Didn't they want to see him?

"Welcome back, Young Master, Young Miss." The driver of the car, someone Jun Pyo didn't recognize, greeted them. Another guy in a black suit got into the passenger side.

Jun Pyo had gotten so used to his men-in-black he barely noticed they were there anymore. Jae Kyung seemed the same. Jun Pyo knew there was a car in front and another behind them that were filled with their personal guards. It was the price they paid for being uber-rich. What did the media call them again? They said he and Jae Kyung were part of the top 2% in Korea.

"So, did you enjoy your flight?" Jae Kyung asked, smiling widely. It was the first time she spoke to him since he got on the plane in New York.

Oh, now you want to talk to me, huh?

He decided not to answer her back. He looked outside his window, scowling.

"You know, if you keep making that face, it's going to freeze permanently into place." She gasped when he didn't move. "Or maybe it already has! Oh, you poor thing! Good thing we have the best plastic surgeons that money can buy right here!"

"You're hilarious." He said, dryly. "Just freaking hilarious."

He was too busy glaring at her he didn't notice they'd arrived at his house.