【𝓢𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓽𝓸】

Requested by: EULSIERS

↠Angst
↠Fem Reader

Word Count - 3998
Mágoa - Published 07/29/20

Mágoa: A heartbreaking feeling that leaves long-lasting traces, visible in gestures and facial expressions
»»———————————————————««

It had only been a few months since the new Water Hashira had been appointed to their positions. Things had been going smoothly, and the trio were as close as ever. They were easily considered one of the strongest group of slayers the corps had seen for decades, and with their new addition to the most elite group of swordsmen, they seemed unstoppable.

It had just reached the second Hashira meeting they have attended for the year, and being the first to arrive, they rushed to recall the names of their fellow members. It's not like they had many opportunities to meet and converse with the Hashira, so with the second meeting, the group was determined to put names to faces.

The small girl amongst the two men crouched to play with the small yellowing flowers that blossomed along the grass, paying no mind to their incoherent mumbling. Her dark hair swayed in the slight breeze, blue eyes flicking amongst their entangled beauty.

Plucking a single strand from the earth, Makomo lifted the blossoms up to her gentle gaze, her lips instantly curving into a frown as she caught a glimpse of her friend's split haori. The rapseed petals had an awfully similar shape to that of a sakura flower, and the pink pattern weaved in the haori's fabric was an exact lookalike.

Dropping the stand to the grass, she straightened herself up with an abrupt look. Her own flowered haori whipped past her as a sudden harsh gust of wind blew through the courtyard, and she turned to see a familiar figure's rigid form. The male's messy white hair brushed across his face, and the look he had presented only stressed that the Hashira was in a predictably bad mood.

The man's foul presence caused her stomach to twist in fear, the deep scowl etched along his lips only forced the girl to swiftly turn back to her comrades, only to see that they had been greeting the other Hashira now present.

Sensing the girl's sudden discomfort, one of the males turned to gaze down at her cowering figure. His split haori ruffled with his movements, the white fabric rushing along with his peach hair in the breeze. The left side of the garment harbored intricate patterns of pink sakura petals that fluttered to the ends of his sleeves, while an delicate array of pale snowflakes graced along their blossoms.

Pale purple eyes caught sight of the Hashira's menacing presence from afar, narrowing his eyes into a questionable look which didn't go by unnoticed by the latter. All eyes present in the courtyard instantly flickered over to the approaching Wind Hashira, soon meeting the Water Hashira face-to-face.

A nasty snarl left the white haired man's lips, his own eyes crinkling in a threatening glare. The girl at their side was quick to grab ahold of her friend's arm, nervously tugging at the innocent sleeve of his haori to gain his attention.

"Sabito..."

Her meek voice was easily ignored during the intense gaze, and if possible, their hostile auras only grew in intensity. Giyuu, who had been standing beside Sabito was quick to sense the upcoming argument, snatching the girl away as his own hand reached his friend's shoulder.

"What the fuck are you looking at?"

More of a threat than a question itself, the scarred man leaned even closer, his right hand gripping the hilt of his katana with a threatening stance. Sabito's expression remained the same, paying little attention to the firm hand at his shoulder.