【𝓖𝓲𝔂𝓾𝓾】

Requested by: mysticsampaguita234

↠Fluff
↠Demon Giyuu
↠Omnyoji Reader
↠Fem Reader

Word Count - 2770
Orenda - Published 07/12/20

Orenda: A mystical force present in all people that empowers them to affect the world, or to effect change in their own lives
»»———————————————————««

A fainting ringing echoed through the dark forest, a lulling chime that brought peace to the creatures of the night. The autumn breeze whisked the sound through the dense treetops, reaching it's heavenly sound to every crevice and creature.

With each step of your lacquered geta hitting the uneven ground, the ornamental obi tied around your flowing white kimono tumbled the small golden bells hung at their end. They hung low along with the red knotted charms hanging to fall down your thighs. The white kimono fluttered past your knees, red waves adorning the long sleeves covering your hands and the bottom of the silky fabric.

Various ornaments and warding charms either hung or remained tucked at the obi of your kimono, and the simple golden ogi-bira kanzashi that hung in your looped hair swayed with each stride. Delicate and careful steps led your stunning figure through the dangers of the night, keeping a keen out for any creatures lurking.

For the most part during your travels, it had been quite uneventful and lonely, so you were glad that your trip was coming close to an end as your family's residence was sure to be in close proximity. Carrying your ceremonial figure for days on end was exhausting to say the least, and you were also thankful for finally recognizing the region around you.

Asking for directions or talking to strangers had become annoying and you had just wanted a place to rest your weary figure after working in the shine you had been appointed to. You had devoted the majority of your life mastering the arts and practices of Onmyōdō, finally becoming a well-recognized practitioner in your town.

Spending the last few years in isolation to progress your skills, you had been approved to leave for a family visit for the next two weeks, as long as you'd put your practices to use if deemed necessary. The recent rise in demons had sent out a desperate call for those who drabbled with the dangerous spirits, and with the demon slayer corps not officially being accepted by the government, it left those in your field to accept the risky task.

So walking just a bit further down the abandoned dirt path, a sudden potent smell reached your nose as your eyes widened in fear and recognition. Scanning the area, your eyes were quick to note the faint puddles of blood, congealed and splattered randomly before your feet. Crouching to examine the substance, a faint trail led you off your current path.

Following the trail without much of a second thought, your hands gripped the string of rosary beads tightly while uttering a few quiet words of luck. When the trail had formed into a steady stream of blood, your eyes whipped up to meet a hunched figure, laying where the pool of blood had stopped.

Faint breathing had reached your ears, raspy and low as the figure remain unmoving in your sight. Carefully taking small steps to approach them, the sudden sound of a twig snapping beneath your geta alerted them. Whipping their head to the sound, you remained still and silent as their calculating eyes locked with yours.

Sharp fangs dripped blood to the ground beneath them, heavily panting at the sight and smell of a new female standing before them. Dropping the severed hand from their grasp, they stood to face you completely, and finally you could take in the features of the demon before you.