Chapter 1: Another new school

"Katniss wake up!" Screamed Prim. "You don't wanna miss your first day at a new school do you?"
Prim is my sister. Every time we move, and it's the first day of going to a new school, she gets all excited and wakes me up about an hour before the time were supposed to get up.
"Prim it's 4 in the morning. We don't have to get up for another 2 hours. Go back to bed." I groaned.
"I can't! I'm just so excited to meet new people!" She screamed.
We've moved 3 times in the past 2 years. When my father died, my mother didn't want to stay in the same house. She said it brought back too many memories of them. So we moved. I met this girl Annie, and we became the best of friends. She moved 1 year ago and now all we do is text. Then I moved again because my mother couldn't find enough money to pay for the house, food, and education. Then about a year after, we moved again to Panem, which is where I live now, because again, my mother couldn't raise enough money to pay for everything. So now I'm here in Panem with no friends and I have to go to a new school. Once again.

*2 hours later*
"Ok, I waited a whole two hours for you to get up. NOW GET UP!" Screamed prim.
"Alright! Alright! I'm up! You can never give your sister a break can you little duck?" I questioned.
"Nope!" She replied.

After a nice shower, I got changed into nice clothes and put on some makeup , put my hair in its usual side braid and headed downstairs for breakfast. After I finished eating, prim and I walked to school. The school is right by my house so it only takes about 5 minutes to get there by foot. As I get to the front of the school, I noticed that there was a girl by the door that looked familiar. I then realized who it was. My best friend Annie.
I walk up behind her so excited to let her know we are at the same school. I cover her eyes with my hand and say "guess who?" She seemed startled but then I released my hands and she turned around to see who it was.
"KATNISS!" She screamed.
"ANNIE!" I screamed with her.
"I had no idea you came here!" I said.
"I didn't know you moved here!" She said.
We walked into the school with each other and we went to the office to get our schedule. Sure enough we have every class together except for math and science. Our lockers are also right next to each other's. My first class was math so we went are separate ways until next period. As I turned the hall to go to my math class, I bump into a tall, blonde haired boy with gorgeous blue eyes.
"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-" he cur me off.
"It's ok. Don't worry about it." He says.
He helps me pick up my book and then introduces himself.
"I'm Peeta Mellark. I haven't seen you around. Are you new?" He asks.
"Uh yeah. And I'm Katniss by the way. Katniss Everdeen." We shake hands.
"Nice to meet you Katniss." He says.
"I have to go, I hope to see you around?"
"Yep!" I say. Peeta is nice. I only have one friend so far and I think I might have gotten another.
I walk to my math class and enter the room. I go all the way to the end of the room and set my books down on the desk. This class is so boring, I think I might have fallen asleep at some point. After class is over, I walk out of the room and feel a light tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see peeta standing right in front of me.
"Hey, I didn't know we had math together!" He says.
"Really? I didn't see you." I said.
"I was all the way in the back at the other side of the room." He explains.
"That's awesome! I'm kind of unfamiliar with the whole school. Do you mind showing me around at lunch?" I ask.
"I'd love to!" He says.
"Great! Find me in the lunch room and you can show me around." I say.
"Great! See you at lunch!" He says.
After 3 more boring periods, I get to meet Peeta.
"Hey!" He says.
"Hey." I say. "I'm ready to be shown around the school."
"Great! Follow me." He says.
For about 30 minutes, I got to see the whole school. Now that I know where everything is, I feel more comfortable. I invite him to sit with me and Annie at lunch tomorrow. I really like him. I never thought I would meet any new friends. But I guess I was wrong.