Glass House ✔

"I got people whisperin' as if they know my life
Friends can turn to enemies if you hand them the knife
You're diggin' me my grave, but keep the shovel nearby
Dig your own right next to mine."
Glass House; Gabbie Hanna

-

People tend to think that being a Monegasque must be wonderful. Just take a moment to imagine it: you are part of a very small nationality, live in a beautiful city with harbors and gorgeous beaches, you are meeting celebrities in the shop or going to school with future superstars. You know everyone and everybody knows you - just like one big happy family. Beautiful, am I right? But what if everything is not that pink and euphoric as it seems?

Jacqueline Alard was known for being a black cat of Monaco. Everybody knew her life as if their hands wrote it. Her parents were greedy thieves who decided to leave Monaco to enjoy their money, leaving their only daughter with her grandmother. After she died, Jaqueline had been living on her own. She became a cold and reserved woman whose heart resembled a firm stone. Her parent's daughter. Incapable of platonic and romantic relationships. Untrustworthy and unlikable, toxic and feared. That was what people said about her, the stories they passed between each other. Jacqueline Alard was a universal answer to every problem one could think of. Something terrible happened to you? Blame it on Jacqueline, because she happened to walk by. Missing something? Jacqueline probably stole it. 

If she hadn't promised her grandmother to look after house, she would already flee to a place where no one knew her name. Or maybe not, as Jacqueline was a natural believer. Hope dies last, her life motto. Perhaps one day, the light would brighten up her life. Or not. Either way, Jacqueline got used to her current life situation. She didn't mind being on her own. No one could hurt her and she could not harm anyone. It was a win-win situation for everyone involved.

On the other side, there was the Leclerc family. The definition of perfection. Pascalle Leclerc, the head of the family, was beloved as well as her late husband, Hervé. Their sons Charles and Arthur were motorsport stars, praised and supported by millions of adoring fans. Charming and kind people not shying away from helping those in need.

Knowing all of this, you may have a pending question inhabiting your mind. How could these two antipoles with nothing in common come together? Well, make yourself comfortable because I am about to tell you the story of Jacqueline Alard and Arthur Leclerc. The story of love found at the most unexpected place at the least expected time.

-

"Vanessa just told me she is leaving," Pascalle announced to her sons, Charles and Lorenzo during their family breakfast. Her other son, Arthur, wasn't at home, currently competing in Formula 4. The news caught both boys by surprise. Vanessa had been their maid for years, she was basically a part of the family. There were no isues on both sides nor conflicts; the family was pleased with her work and Vanessa showed no signs of wanting to leave, "but because of happy reasons: she is pregnant," everyone around the table let out a quiet aww, all of them happy for Vanessa.

Lorenzo, however, was the first to realize the obvious thing, "but this means that we have to look for a new maid, am I right?" 

"I am already working on it," Pascalle assured her sons, "I have some girls coming for a job interview. Let's hope someone will catch my eye because Vanessa will be difficult to replace."