CHAPTER 25

" I just hope I could make things better",cried a devasted Sidharth. Things had slipped from his hands. Worrying more about the future, he had ended up missing out a beautiful present. Sidharth was sitting at the same place in the very same posture, shocked to the core. All that he expected from Shehnaaz was to understand his torment. The question which remained was that on what grounds had she done that?

He realized how much he had hurt her. Where was the the trust talked about? She had even accepted his decision with grace. She didnot even say a thing. All he could think was how difficult his life was without her. He yet broke her into pieces. He feared that so much. How delicate are relationships! It requires a strong understanding and trust to bind two people together. That was what they lacked.

Sidharth sat still in agony, praying for their betterment. He wanted her to be fine. All that he did was to protect her from him. He wanted to protect her from the broken soul he had which would end up making her the same.

**
" Shehnaaz! Kaisi hai tu? ", Noor was on a call with Shehnaaz.

" Badhiya", Shehnaaz said with extra enthusiasm though she tried to control the tears which threatened to roll down her face. Only if stop them was in her control. Shehnaaz spoke the least she could for she didn't want Noor to know what she was going through. Noor was out on a trip and Shehnaaz did not want her to take any worries.

Despite all efforts, Noor could sense the vulnerability in her voice. " Tu ro rahi hai? "

" Nahi yaar. Bas teri yaad aa rahi thi",  Shehnaaz covered up.

Both of the girls had a lot in common. Praise them a bit and they start jumping around. Small things gave them happiness. " Haaye ni meri jaan! Haina? Mai bhi tujhe yaad karti hoon. Chal koyi na. Maine jaldi aa jaana hai tere paas babes ", Noor said back to her.

They had not talked for days. There was a lot left to share. Noor kept narrating her stories about every boy on the trip. She told her how happy she was when the boys flirted with her but then she paid none of them any attention. Noor kept blabbering while Shehnaaz kept listening to her exaggerated funny stories. Her talks made Shehnaaz laugh every time. How much she bluffed!

Talking to Noor was a relief for Shehnaaz. With her talks, Noor and made her forget about the incident completely. They talked about every other thing, unbothered of the surroundings while Sidharth had nobody to talk. He was fighting with his inner demons himself wishing that he could defeat them some day. His thoughts at that moment were more about Riya than Shehnaaz. It was strange but he still thought that he loved Riya. It wasn't actually love. It was just that he still lived in the past. It was obviously the love before but things had changed now. He had moved on but again decided to stay in his past.

Sidharth did not know much about Kabir. All that he knew was not directly told by Shehnaaz but from Ayush. Things usually are not exactly how they are told. All he could make out from Ayush's talks was that Shehnaaz still loved the man. She still longed for him to return. Little did he know the facts. It was true that Shehnaaz still wanted him to come back. It was not because she loved him. It was because she wanted to slap him for what he did to her. She had seen him twice after that but never could gather the courage to face him.

After all that he did, Shehnaaz just could not trust anybody else. She knew that everybody was not the same, but she hated being cheated anymore.

**

Getting up early in the mornings was another challenge for Sidharth. It shocked his mother when she saw her son already awake at six in the morning.

At the edge of the bed sat Sidharth with his head held in his hands. He looked up to find his mother who was standing near the door of his room. His eyes had develop bags and the lack of sleep could be made out due to the dark circles, which were not that dark though. He looked exhausted. He had tried sleeping the previous night only if Shehnaaz's words left his mind even for a second.

Maa went to him and cupped his face as she caressed his head. Sidharth felt a tinge of roughness and whined for not having felt a soft touch.

" Itna rough kyu hain aapka haath", Sidharth whined.

" Kapde wali chalk suit nahi kar rahi hai. Pari ke suit ki cutting kar rahi thi toh isliye chalk ke wajah se baat rough ho gaya. Dusri wali laa dega? Yeh achi nahi hai ", she said.

Sidharth nodded his head, holding her hand as he rubbed his palm with hers.

" Mere ullu Apna chehra dekh. Raat bhar jaagega toh aur kya hoga. So jaya kar beta. Raat raat bhar Kaam karna band kar. Ab toh Shehnaaz ko hi bolna padega. Meri nahi sunne wala tu", she teased. She was literally tensed for him at the same time. He should get sufficient sleep.

Sidharth said nothing. He just got up from the bed and went into the bathroom, grabbing his towel which was spread on his chair.

" Maa breakfast rakhwa dijiye. I need to leave now".

****
Happy reading guys! DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

I hope that y'all liked the chapter. Tell me how you found it.. Well I wrote this while attending my class.. :p