CHAPTER 26

" What is up with this girl Sidharth? Phir se late hai yeh!", Abhimanyu said in fury. Sidharth sat beside him, not at all in this world. Shehnaaz and him had not talked to each other for a week. She did not look at him. Neither did he pay any attention. His family was aware of the change in his behavior but the reason remained unknown to all. Shehnaaz seemed to have put up a happy facade to hurt him. They showed something else but they were not fine.

Shehnaaz entered the office late again. She has been following this habit for six days now. Neither did she have any interest in doing any work nor did she tell anybody what was wrong with her. Abhimanyu came out of the cabin and shouted," Miss Shehnaaz, in my cabin right now". She had probably forgotten that he was her boss first. He would probably show her what is to done with such careless employees.

" Good morning sir", Shehnaaz wished him as she entered his cabin, taking his permission. The first person she saw was Sidharth. She could not have hated the morning more. She cursed herself for even going to the office that day. While Sidharth was all relieved seeing her face, Shehnaaz paid no attention.

Her boss was fuming in anger. He knew that Shehnaaz was not doing well but work was supreme. There shouldn't be any excuses reagrding it ,he  believed. Sidharth knew how like a bomb would his brother blast upon the girl. He  went near him and asked him to be soft towards her. " Well , don't worry Sidharth. I would be really soft with her", he answered rather loud enough for Shehnaaz to hear. She took it in a complete difference sense. So much of hatred, she thought.

" This isn't your home, Miss Shehnaaz! Stand straight", Abhimanyu ordered making Shehnaaz shiver. She was literally on the verge of crying. First of all her counter with Sidharth was not pleasant for her at all. Isn't it strange? The people who gave you relief at some time, has just pains to offer you at present. " I'm sorry sir", she apologized. " No this is not enough. You need to taught a lesson", he said scaring Shehnaaz to the core. 

" What sir?", she asked, terrified.

" Well, I think Krisha deserves your place in our deal with Mr. Sidharth. So, get back to your normal work and Krisha takes you place", he gave her a sarcastic smile. Shehnaaz stood there dumbfounded. She was in tears. How could he do that? She was not correct too. Shehnaaz tried convincing him but all went in. " you may leave", he said , looking back into his files. Shehnaaz fell quite. She could not utter a single word. She looked at Sidharth who seemed so hurt too. She thought that it was him who told his brother to do this. She looked at him with so much hate and left the cabin.

Shehnaaz had sent Krisha to his cabin and sat silently in her cubicle, doing her work. Shehnaaz was so tired of everything. She rested against the back of the chair with her head hung low. She was so exhausted. She needed a break for her mental peace atleast. " Shehnaaz sir ne yeh files diya hai. You have to go through them . Kaha hai that he needs them sharp at six in the morning", Ritika said as she kept the bundle of files on Shehnaaz's desk and went away.

" Dono bhai ek jaise hain", she mumbled.

The rest of the office  being dark, it was just Shehnaaz's cubicle which had the light on. She had been working on the files without a break. It was midnight now. She still had two files left. She popped out another tablet from the medicine strip and had it with water. This was her third painkiller. She had severe migraine and right now, her head ached really bad. She did not know but Sidharth sat in his brother's cabin, with a dim light, keeping an eye on what she did.

Another hour and another painkiller. She was about to have it when Sidharth took it away from her. Having three painkillers had worried him. He would have gone to her earlier itself but he did not. This time he could not control. " Paagal go gayi ho kya tum?", he shouted at her.

" Give it back to me", she shouted back at him. Shehnaaz was shocked to find him there at that hour but at that time all that she wanted back was her medicine. Sidharth denied. Shehnaaz was literally going crazy. " Sidharth mera sar phat raha hai, wapas kar", Shehnaaz warned. He denied again. Shehnaaz was feeling very weak. Unaware of what the seriousness of the situation was, Sidharth took it as a fun. He threw the strip of medicine somewhere. Shehnaaz ran around searching for it.

" For god's sake give it back to me". Shehnaaz was feeling dizzy. Sidharth went to her and held her from her arms. He jerked her once and said to her in a calm tine," Relax!" 

Only if she could resist passing out just then, in his arms.

*****

Guys, the update is a small, I know. I even know that the chapter's not up to the mark. I'm so sorry. I was not having time at all. This is a really quick one. I hope you all liked it. Please do not worry about Riya's part. Trust me!

Tell me how the chapter was.

Please vote and leave a comment before you leave. :)