Secrets Secrets

Rout's POV

It has been a little over a month that I found my mate, and everything was so perfect, and everyone from my new pack seemed to be so nice to me I could not ask for anything else. My heat came two weeks after the pack dinner, it went well...or at least I think it did. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling sharp pain in my lower back and I already knew what was happening. Not being able to move properly I shook the sleeping Matteo, telling him what was going on. He immediately handed me the suppressants and went to get Layla. Thankfully it lasted only a few days but the day after my heat stopped Matteo's started. We couldn't see each other for more than a week, so after that we spent every free second cuddling. And I had no problem with doing that. It felt so nice to be able to openly be affectionate with someone after having to be the perfect model daughter all my life.

And because my life in my new pack seemed to be so dreamy, I decided it was time to make amends with Ed, so I met his mate Penelope - she turned out to be a red-haired petite girl. They looked cute together, I hated to admit. As usual Lindsey has been chasing some boy because of his looks because she thinks their babies would look like angels.

My new pack slowly accepted me. If I didn't count Nevada. I talked to Will and convinced him that 'the attack' wasn't his fault. I also made Matteo forgive him and now they were back at their friendship. Daniel hanged out around with us a lot - trying to show his toned muscles at any given opportunity. But I always rolled my eyes knowing Matteo likes to sleep shirtless while I lay beside him, having him all to myself. Firstly, it was weird and kind of uncomfortable, but as time passed, I learned how to not stare at him every single time.

Matteo. The best thing that could have happen to me. His ways of showing affection got me melted and I couldn't believe I was still alive. Our morning runs, fun times cooking, me watching his football practises after school, all of his sweet pecks and kisses and the way how we fall asleep tangled together every night. I can't deny my feelings for him. I know how much he means to me and how much I love him. Even though we haven't mated, marked each other or properly kissed. I unconditionally love him.

-----

It was already May. The end of the school year slowly approaching. Matteo, Nur, Will and Layla were in their last year of high school. I still had one year left. We discussed about our future with Matteo, and he said he doesn't want to leave for college, that he will stay with the pack and slowly take over as the Alpha. Which I was totally okay with, I really didn't know if it would be possible for me to survive time without him.

------

The bell rang indicating school was over for that day. I was supposed to meet with my mate and then go to his practise and then go home - the same routine as always. But as I walked to our meeting spot Layla ran to me and tapped my shoulder.

"R-Rout, I need your help." She said panting.

"What is it?"

"Could you drove me to the nearest pharmacy? I really need to go there...and Nur can't know about it, so I thought you could borrow Matteo's car and help me while they would have their training and they could get home all together." She finished with pleading eyes.

"I can ask him...I don't know what this is about, but I will help you." I replied. "Give me a few minutes I will go and talk to Matteo, wait for me at the parking lot."

"Thank you." she said before quickly leaving. I sighed to myself but continued walking to my mate. I saw him at our meeting spot and smiled at his figure leaning on a tree. As he saw me, he hurried and embraced me in a tight hug.

"I missed you." He breathed out, nuzzling his head over mine.

"We saw each other not even two hours go." I laughed silently.