Evening

A/N's POV

"We can always keep our clothes on." Matteo said, standing in front of his mate. He didn't want her to feel too pressured. If she was not ready to be all naked in front of him...that was completely okay.

"I know..." she muttered, playing with her fingers. "But...I-I think skin on s-skin contact could calm me down...but it is up to you."

Matteo stared at her with eyes wide open. Of course, skin on skin contact will make her feel better.

"Okay."

Rout slowly reached for the bottom of the hoodie she was wearing but raising her arms up high was too painful as she was still weak. Her mate was right there for her, helping her remove every piece of clothing while keeping his dark eyes up, smiling softly.

"I will help you in first and then get in, is that alright?" A quick nod and red cheeks were his answer – one of his favourite answers anyway. Rout let herself be picked up and lowered into the warm water.

"Thank you."

Once the Alpha got rid of his clothes, he slipped behind Rout, making sure to not hurt her in the process, to not put too much pressure on er wounds. The water was warm and smelled heavenly after flowers.

"Come here." He muttered, wanting to hold her close. To feel her finding comfort within his arms.

They laid in the bathtub, feeling content. Not eve half an hour ago, they confessed their feelings...and it felt so great to be able to express their love freely.

"This is nice." Rout said, caressing Matteo's hand.

"Mhhh." Her mate replied, snuggling closer.

"Tell me...what happened when I wasn't here. How was your graduation? How is Daniel handling his swim practices? And you absolutely need to tell me about Nur and Layla...and Will and Aiden. I saw them my first day...awake?? They looked so happy together." The Alpha smiled at that. Even when she herself went through hell, she still wanted to be engaged in other people's life, in her family's lives.

"Well, I didn't go to my graduation...I know what you are thinking," he pouted back at his mate, booping her nose. "But there was no way I would be able to go there and celebrate when you weren't by my side. No, don't cry." He stopped talking, sitting up and coddling Rout closer.

"I am so sorry I wasn't there for this big milestone." Tears were once again staining her cheeks.

"It was not your fault, shhh. I didn't go there so we can have one ourselves." Matteo said.

"Really?"

"Anything for you." He smiled, wiping her tears away and caressing her side. "I mean it. Anything you want, just tell me and I will make it come true."

-----

Rout was sat in a big armchair, looking outside the window. Hair still wet from the bath they took together. Matteo sat in front of her, with his head in her lap. Enjoying the small fingers running through his hair.

They didn't need to talk. They were the most at ease with just one another. After a long time without the other, they needed the contact. And skin on skin helped a lot. Making their wolfs howl in excitement.

There was a knock at the door and Matteo got up, not wanting Rout to move around too much before she gained more weight and accumulated more strength. Baby steps.

"Rout? Someone is here to see you." Her Alpha's voice was heard. She turned to the door only to see Layla.

"Hi." Said pregnant woman spoke, tears welling up in her eyes.