Chapter 24 - Fire Lord Zuko

You walked up to Zuko and fixed him crown.

"You look ready." You said and moved a bit but Zuko took your hand, stopping you.

"(y/n), wait." He said. You looked at him.

"What?" You asked. He moved closer to you.

"I want you to come out with me. Our nations needs to see us both." Zuko said. You looked confused. He leaned in and kissed you. Your eyes became wide but soon closed and kissed him back. It felt right. He then moved and you opened your eyes, staring into his eyes. 

"I love you (y/n)." Zuko said. You smiled and hugged him. 

"I love you too." You say and before you moved and took his hand. Aang walked in and smiled. 

"Ready?" Aang asked. You and Zuko nod and they walk out onto the balcony. Zuko let your hand go and walks forward.

"Citizens of the fire nation. I'm sure you have heard the rumors about my father and how the avatar defeated them. They are true." Zuko said. People began to talk. Zuko knew they were worried. 

"Citizens, please!" He yelled and they grew quiet. 

"I am your new Fire lord." Zuko said. They looked at him.

"I am working with the avatar to help restore all the nations to how they were before." Zuko said. He then saw a girl in fire nations robes walk up. She stomped on the ground and the earth shot up with her and she stared right at Zuko. 

"And about about us? I was born in the fire nation yet i'm a earth bender because of my mother. Will she and I be sent away?" She asked in anger. Zuko smiled at her. 

"No." Zuko said. She looked like she was calming down. 

"I will not force anyone to leave their homes." Zuko said to her. She looked down and tapped her foot and the earth fell slowly. 

"I will not force anyone to leave their homes!" Zuko yelled. People cheered. Zuko then took your hand. 

"I want you all to meet your queen." Zuko said. You smiled and waved. Aang then took a step forward. 

"The war has ended. Zuko and I have decided to a point leaders in every nation to help with them. Zuko is the Fire nation. I will be the air nomads. Katara will be the Water tribe. and (y/n) for the earth kingdom." Aang said. You looked at him and Zuko held you. 

"It's because of your earth bending." Zuko whispered in your ear. 

"We will form a community. One anyone can come in and voice their concerns." Aang said. Everyone cheered. You guys moved back into the room. Zuko took your hands and pulled you closer, kissing you. You held him and kissed back as Aang moved to Katara.  

"Will you stay with me?" Zuko said. You smiled. 

"I haven't left you yet." You say and hold him tight. 

The fire nation never had a finer ruler then Zuko, who was true to what Aang said. He addressed anyone that came in with a question and helped them. 

The nation welcomed your children also, but what shocked everyone was when your kids started to bend air. Aang said to make balance in the world, some children would be born with air bending abilities but you guys never loved them any less. The nation even had a saying for you and your family and something you heard every time you went on a stroll with Zuko and your children. 

They all agreed that the world grew from the kindness Zuko showed. He proved that peace could be achieved within friendship and love. 

The End