Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter

AN: We're gonna finally see Harry's flying abilities this chapter, a few more moments of hell for Snape, and more attempted manipulation from Dumbles, and a little surprise for Draco Malfoy to, as well as the start of Harry's war against Dumbledore, but it will be minor

Chapter 10

Harry had just entered the area that the flying lesson would take place and saw that most of the other first years were already there, except the Slytherins, who were just started arriving. Harry ended up standing next to Hermione, and Harry felt guilty that he hadn't spoken to her since the train. "Hello Hermione, sorry I haven't spoken to you since the train, it's been a busy first week." said Harry.

"That's okay, I've been busy in the library reading ahead myself.... So, Harry Potter, I hope we can be friends, and don't worry, I'm not doing this to get to Emily, me and her became friends after first period on day one." said Hermione. Harry smiled, at least she didn't seem like a girl-who-lived fanatic.

"That's good, she'll need a tight circle of friends with her, especially with someone like Weasley and the blonde ferret around." said Harry. Unfortunately, said ferret ended up standing next to Harry on the other side. "So, you're Harry Potter, I'm Draco Malfoy, a true pureblood and heir to the Malfoy family.... Now that's taken care of, I demand you undo whatever you did to Professor Snape, and as a half-blood, you will obey me." said Malfoy.

Harry had no intention of listening, but he was trying to figure out where he heard the name Malfoy before. "Malfoy, did you have family in france?" asked Harry. Malfoy looked very smug at this. "Of course, they ran a group that gave veela 'decent jobs'." said Malfoy, though you could hear the double meaning in his voice. Harry racked his brain for a moment before remembering the gang he helped take down in france.

"Oh, right, 'The Veela's Bane', made up of the french Malfoy line.... Yeah, they're all dead, wiped out last summer." Harry said casually. Malfoy looked at Harry in shock. Draco remembered his father getting a letter late in the summer of 2010, and being enraged about it. Draco's father had even gone to the minister to have someone named Steve Feros extradited to England to be executed, but was this guy was protected by the I.C.W.

It also explained why the Malfoy fortune had lost almost half its value. All the properties, businesses and money the french branch of the Malfoy's had, was given to the victims, or their next of kin in compensation. Lucius tried to prevent that, but once again, it was an I.C.W. order, and he couldn't do a thing about it. Draco, however, was fuming, and curious how Potter knew the fate of the french Malfoy's.

"How do you know the fate of the french Malfoy's?" demanded Draco. Harry smirked, he knew everyone was now listening, and since the flying instructor hadn't arrived yet, he would once again, leave people guessing. "Oh, I was there, with my guardian, to be honest, they were complete idiots, I mean, who makes their base of operations a giant fortress, seriously?" Harry asked rhetorically, leaving all the gathered students, even Hermione, shocked. Hermione was also wondering what kind of guardian would bring a child to a raid on a gang. Malfoy was about ready to punch Harry, both for the truth of his family, and what happened in potions that morning, but the flight instructor had arrived at that moment.

"Good afternoon class, welcome to your first flying lesson, well, what are you waiting for, stick your right hand over the broom.... And say up." said the instructor, Madame Hooch. The class did as instructed, with Harry's broom shooting right into his hand. Ron Weasley's broom ended up hitting him in the face, while Emily's also shot into her hand right away. Hermione was having a bit of trouble, before Harry pointed out you had to COMMAND the broom to obey the command. Hermione's broom flew into her hand soon after, earning her and Harry each 10 points, Hermione for showing true confidence in the face of doubt and Harry for once again helping a fellow student. Everyone was soon laughing as Malfoy's broom hit him in the front and back of the head repeatedly, before somehow flying behind him and hitting him in the back of the head like a baseball bat, sending him to the ground. He was finally forced to pick it up himself.