Chapter 22

Disclaimer: Really, you still read this bit, don't own Harry Potter

AN: Ok folks, we're now starting third year. With it, comes more laughs, more action, and another of Harry's future lovers, maybe more than one, hope you enjoy the chapter. Should also mention that this year will only consist of 4-5 chapters due to my attempts at increasing the length of each chapter, which is another reason updates take so long. I do apologize for the wait, but the wait for each update will be worth it, I promise that.

Chapter 22

Hogwarts Great Hall

Opening Feast

It was an energetic group that entered the great hall. A stark contrast to how solemn and depressed the other students were. However, when Harry's group came into the hall laughing, it confused the hell out of everyone. Mind you, everyone who came into the great hall after the group was also laughing.

"Am I missing something? Or is everyone who just came through the door fucking insane?" asked a random Hufflepuff student.

"Dude, I have no idea what happened, but the dementors at the front gate just took off. It was like they were terrified of something." said a 5th year Gryffindor.

"Yeah, I have no idea how that happened." smirked Harry. This caused the rest of the group to burst out laughing again. While the students who came in before Harry's group, and the staff and Aurors were confused as hell, the group went to their house tables. While each of the group sat at their house tables, they were bombarded by questions on if they saw what scared the dementors, since their group were the first ones that entered the great hall laughing.

After the first years were sorted and the welcoming feast began, Harry looked at Luna, who was sitting beside him. She had been oddly silent since the sorting started earlier. Sure, she was laughing with the rest of the group when they entered the great hall, but now, she seemed down about something.

"Hey Luna, you okay?" asked Harry.

"What? Oh, yes Harry, I'm fine. I've just always had a worse reaction when dementors are near. It's only happened twice before, but it still affects me." said Luna.

Harry noticed that Luna's eyes were slightly watering. It was barely noticeable, but to Harry, it was there. Harry placed his arm around Luna's shoulder and brought her closer to him in a comforting embrace. Before Luna could stop herself, she sighed in content at Harry's comforting embrace.

"Thank you, Harry. You have no idea how much it means to me to have friends to comfort me." whispered Luna.

"Didn't you have Ginny as a friend before you came to Hogwarts?" asked Harry.

"Well, yes, but only when she came over to my house. When I went over to hers, her brother Ron would make fun of me and call me Looney. I think he was pissed that I could beat him at chess." said Luna.

Harry scowled at hearing this, as he now had even more reasons to hate the red-headed waste bin. It was bad enough that Harry noticed said idiot trying to get closer to Emily all the time, but to insult Luna for beating him at chess and being eccentric, that meant that Ron Weasley was now on Harry's shit list. He would have to inform Ginny and his business partners beforehand. Ron was a bastard, but he was still their brother, so he'd have to tell the three before he did anything....to bad that is.

"Hey Luna, if you ever have any problems, including being harassed by bullies again, let me know. I'll be glad to 'persuade' them to stop." said Harry.

Luna once again smiled at Harry. That was one of the things she liked about him, his overwhelming loyalty to his friends. How Harry ended up in Ravenclaw instead of Hufflepuff, she'd never know. What Harry never told anyone however, was that he saw himself as a combination of all four houses. However, the pain in the ass with that was sometimes the trait he showed didn't really help the situation, like when his Gryffindor courage and lack of planning showed in his fight with Riddle last year.