009 , the calamity

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EJ stared down at the bag in front of him, shocked that Nini would ever do something this drastic. His gut stirred in guilt, feeling like he was the cause of this.

"You stole Gina's shoes?" He looked at Nini's face as she smiled at him proudly. This wasn't her. This wasn't him.

God, what did they turn into?

Nini leaned against the bookshelves, her smile turning smug. "It wasn't even that hard."

"Nini." EJ clenched his jaw. "What if she retaliates?"

"Then I'll come back at her twice as hard." He didn't like the fire in her eyes. "I will reign down hell fire, do you understand? I am the night."

"Nini, I gotta be honest." He bit his lip and looked down at the bag. "This doesn't feel like you."

If anything, EJ thought, it's me.

"I know!" Nini grinned excitedly. The rush she felt when she took it was exhilarating. "It didn't feel like me. But I've stepped into the light. I play to win now."

Her boyfriend winced at her. EJ couldn't believe that person Nini turned into because of him. Because of his jealousy and insecurities.

Part of him finally accepted the fact that Cassie might be the one for Nini.

The lead was confused as to why he looked so distraught. Did she do something wrong? "What? I thought you'd be proud."

"Yeah but stealing just seems a little low and you're better than that and..." You're not me, EJ sighed. He looked at his hands than back up at her. "You're Nini."

"Maybe you're right," Nini whispered. Cassie would never ever want to see Nini do something like stealing Gina's belongings.

Nini looked up at the taller boy in pride, not realizing his emotional turmoil.

"You're a good person and I don't know if it's because you're a senior or if somebody raised you right but I wish I had whatever you got inside of you. It's like, confidence mixed with morals." She was glad someone like EJ was there to keep her in check. "Thanks for being you."

She squeezed his arm before she left, leaving EJ knowing what he should do.

ej caswell (stealer)
you're on your own.

n.s.r

EJ scratched his head until it began to throb. He was freaking out. Elle was going to tell Cassie what he did.

"EJ, stop. You're gonna hurt yourself." Ashlyn looked at her cousin as she munched on her sandwich. "I understand you feel bad but you shouldn't be hurting yourself over it."