007 , the calm before the storm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

       𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐲𝐧 sighed as she watched EJ's car drive off in the distance. The tension in the car was unbearable, she was glad they were out. It was hard enough to carry the guilt she felt inside her.

It was kinda childish, if you asked her (but of course, no one asks her).

She looked over at Cassie, noticing that she seemed much more relaxed too. Ashlyn couldn't blame her. After all, she wasn't in the position to assume she didn't know anything.

Ashlyn smiled at her before making her way to the front door. Her keys jingled lightly as the lead watched behind her. She turned the key and pushed the door open. Cassie came rushing in, taking off her shoes.

The blonde looked at her weirdly. "Why are you taking your shoes off? You know you don't have to do that in my house."

Cassie shrugged as she moved her shoes aside. "It makes me feel uncomfortable."

Ashlyn shook her head. She knew that her friend was stubborn so there was no use trying to convince her anymore.

"I'll get some snacks real quick. Just turn on the TV and find something good," she said before turning towards the kitchen.

Cassie watched her for a second before walking to the TV. She noticed a DVD and ironically, it was High School Musical (the first one). She was glad she had been here before so she knew how to use Ashlyn's TV without breaking it.

Quickly, she put it in and ran to the couch with a remote in hand. She couldn't help but frown at the screen for some odd reason.

Then it hit her. She realized that the reason Nini was so obsessed with her was because Cassie was Troy and she was Gabriella.

She watched somberly as the trailer played on repeat in front of her. That was never going to be them, no matter how much she wished. They could've acted like Troy and Gabriella but it was never gonna be them. No matter how hard she tried, or how many things she'd sacrifice for the Filipina, Nini would never care about her like that.

"Okay so, I got chips and some left over sushi that's probably my mom's," Ashlyn grimace as she came back. She had no idea if they could eat it. Oh well. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

She glanced at the screen, giving Cassie an odd look afterwards. Wasn't Cassie tired of that? "High School Musical? Seriously?"

The curly haired girl giggled nervously. "It's a good movie."

She set the food down before plopping on the couch. She turned to her, crossing her legs in the process.

Ashlyn gave her a serious look. She knew Cassie knew she wasn't that stupid. Plus, Cassie sucked at hiding her emotions (it was all in the eyes). "What's wrong?"