002 , the competition

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     𝐆𝐢𝐧𝐚 had known for a while that she wasn't like other girls. She knew it was such a trope to think that but it was true. Most girls didn't like other girls. Most of them had a mother who said she was proud of them or a dad who was alive. Most of them didn't move every two months after they settled down and managed to make friends.

She wanted to be more like most girls, honestly.

Gina tried to detach herself fully from relationships, but she was human. She felt things for others, whether it be friendship or love. So she got into the habit of warning them ahead of time; how she never stayed and told them not to get attached. It didn't stop them from trying, but at least Gina had told them what they were getting into.

She had had to watch them wallow when she left.

Her world got flipped when Casandra Lanes, a girl who could make you giddy with a single smile, danced her way into Gina's heart. It was them against the world until the next move, but this time, it came sooner than expected.

It was the worst heartbreak Gina had ever felt, but she should've known better than to get attached.

But now, looking into Cassie's big brown eyes, she felt the relief of a second chance. It was something Gina had never felt before, but something she decided she loved.

Cassie tackled her into a hug. "Holy shit! You're here!"

The taller girl steadied herself before hugging back. She missed this. Them. 

"I'm here," Gina laughed before lifting her up and spinning her around. Music filled her ears as Cassie giggled.

Nini shifted in her spot. She didn't like what she was seeing or what she was feeling. She was a pacifist. Pacifists don't want people to drop dead (she also didn't understand why she was feeling this way, but that was a problem for another day).

The brunette felt like she was intruding on a very (disgustingly, in her opinion) heartfelt reunion. She was practically bursting into seams by the time Ms. Jenn had called them to line up for the role casting.

Nini had watched the two get into place before wedging herself in between them (much to her annoyance, EJ slipped in beside her). Being apprehensive of Gina at the beginning was one thing, but Nini didn't understand why this was the thing that pushed her to the edge of uncomfortable to dislike.

Gina had looked at her in confusion then looked back at Cassie. Cassie gave her a forced smile of encouragement that seemed to convince Gina.

The line of people watched as Ms. Jenn began to assign each person a character.

Nini trained her focus nervously, before hearing a small aggressive whisper ("Nini, what the hell!") beside her. She turned slightly.

"What are you doing?" It was clear that Cassie thought she was onto something. She wasn't.