40%

ten. 

| c a l u m |

          | 12:50pm – Friday |

The auditorium was slowly filling up. Almost half of the seniors are here, and there was an eerie silence in the air. Normally, ceremonies held in the auditorium caused the students to be rowdy, and it was quite a change as we heard nothing but dead air. There were a few indistinct conversations here and there, but that was about it.

I stood awkwardly at the entrance, trying to avoid as much eye contact as I could. I’d want to see the horrified expressions of people, but not now. I needed to act as horrified as them.

The clock that hung in the corner of the stage struck 1:00pm, and since everyone was already here, I discreetly locked the entrance doors and joined the guys in the back row. The jocks were sitting in front of us, but they were too engrossed over the loss of their quarterback to even acknowledge us.

The projector was set up on a podium on the stage that was activated by a remote. Mr. Pool was pressing the remote control for dear life, but the projector wouldn’t turn on. He then asked Michael to help him out.

“Do exactly what I told you,” Luke ordered sternly. He then patted Michael on the shoulder and leaned back in his seat. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, but he just shook his head and whispered, “You’ll see.”

Michael got up on stage and whispered something in Mr. Pool’s ear before disappearing backstage. A while later, a creak echoed in the auditorium, then suddenly, a wave of red liquid started to pour from the top of the stage area.

Then I finally figured out what Luke did.

The blood came down on Mr. Pool, and then it surfed through the crowd like a tidal wave. Everyone screamed and got up. The teachers immediately started to rush backstage, where Michael would be.

Michael emerged from the backstage and ran towards us. The teachers chased him, so we finally took out our weapons from the backpack.

It’s time to nut up or shut up.

a/n:

aaaand that is the end of in bloom c:

happy new year ily all. my new years was a fucking blast. anyway, thank you for supporting this series, it means so much. idk when i'll be posting the next installment for the series. it's all about luke and it's titled "all apologies." hope you had an awesome new years and yeah ily all so much c: -angelika the stupid ho