Chapter One.

Alexis's P.O.V.

"Oh my god! Do I seriously have to do these dishes?" I roll my eyes.

"Don't oh my god me, I don't care what your father does, you can do the damn dishes." my mother yells back at me.

"Okay first of all he's not my father, do I have an of his DNA in me? The answer is no, second why should I have to do any of this crap. I go to school, I have a job, I don't sit around the house yelling at him to get up and clean. He's never done anything for me. Everything I have is because of me, and I definitely don't drink every other day because I'm not an alcoholic, unlike someone in this room." I say referring to my step father.

"Well I wouldn't know about that, all you ever do anymore is go hang out with your five little besties."

"That's all I've ever did and that's all I'll ever do." I say raising my voice a little more.

"Hey watch your mouth, before I watch it for you." Ben says from the couch.

"That doesn't make any sense at all." I say giving him one of my famous 'You're a dumbass' looks.

"Don't give me that look." he says getting up from the couch.

"Jesus he can stand, praise the lord." I stay clapping and raising my arms up.

"Alexis shut the hell up and do the damn dishes." my mom says giving me a look.

"Oh my fuuu.....rricckkking god I wish you would have had another kid so I wouldn't have to do everything around here." I say walking past Ben and look at my mom.

She crosses her arms and looks down at the ground. She stays that way for a little while with a sad look on her face. I shrug it off its probably nothing important.

I start the water and put some soap in. I look at the clock hoping I have enough time to play some Call Of Duty. I just got Advanced Warfare and I want to play it.

*25 minutes later*

I let the water out and dry my hands off. I go up to my room and grab my undergarments, plain black v-neck shirt and zebra pajama pants I walk into my bathroom. Yeah I have my own bathroom I also have my own balcony that over looks the beach.

I live in Solana Beach, California. It's a small town just outside of San Diego. No I'm not rich but I'm also not poor. I'm more of an upper- middle class.

I set my stuff on the bathroom counter and strip. I hop in the shower.

*30 minutes later*

I get out of the shower, dry off and put on my clothes. I walk out of the bathroom I look at my window seeing my friend Deashia's brother Matt walking around in her room.

I duck behind my bed when he looks over in my direction not wanting him to see me like this.

I've had a crush on Matt ever since Deashia had a sleep over when we were 8, we're 17 now. Matt taught me how to play hide and seek. Yeah, I didn't know what hide and seek was until I was 8.

He helped me find everyone. They all got mad and banned boys from the sleep over. Matt, being his weird self, gave me his rubber bracelet and said 'Don't forget me' and ran out of the room.

Matt was like one of those cute weird nerdy guys. But now, now he's a hot weird nerdy guy.

I catch myself starring at him while he cuts the grass sometimes. I know it sound creepy but I can't help it my game chair is right in front of the window.

He turns his back toward the window, so I take the chance and jump up from my spot behind my bed and run to the window, almost tripping and close the curtains.

I take a moment to catch my breath. I grab my Xbox controller off my tv and and go sit in my game chair. Its one of those bowl shaped chairs. Its all black but on the inside its velvety zebra.

*54 minutes later*

I turn off the Xbox and set the controller in the chair. I walk into my bathroom and grab my brush and dryer. After drying I wave my hair and brush my teeth.

Walking out of the bathroom I crawl into bed and fall fast asleep.