Concert 29/53

A/N

Whoa guys it's New Years Eve.

I can't believe that.

I can't thank you guys enough for everything you guys do, even if it's only reading this book.

I love you all so much.

Enjoy!

Addie's POV

"Addie?" I hear coming from outside my bunk.

I peep open my eyes and I see Mikey's puffy, red eyes looking at me.

"Yeah Mikey?" I ask him. He must be still mourning about his sister. I would be too if I was him.

"C-Can I talk to you? Like...in private?" he asks me and sniffles in between a few words.

"Yeah, sure." I say and climb out of my bunk.

My voice is a hot mess and I'm pretty sure I don't look too hot either. I slip on my flip flops and throw on a sweatshirt so I don't freeze when I step outside.

We step out and walk on the side of the bus. We stop walking and Mikey starts hysterically crying. He crashes into me and I just let him cry into my shoulder because I know he would let my cry into his.

"Mikey, what's on your mind?" I ask him when I pull away. He wipes the tears away from his eyes with his hand. I take both of his hands in mine, forcing him to look at me.

"What's wrong?"

"M-my mum called and s-she told me how my s-sister died." he says and another single tear streams down his face.

"How did she die?" I ask.

"She was at her boyfriend's h-house. They g-got into a fight and she left to clear her head. She started driving home and at one of the intersections, a d-drunk driver hit her car. She died instantly." he says.

"Oh, Michael." I say and pull him into another hug. This is horrible. I can't believe someone so stupid like someone who's drunk would get into a car and start driving. Not only that, but then kill and innocent person who didn't deserve to die.

I vaguely remember meeting his sister when we were in Australia. She had to leave to go to work within 5 minutes we arrived, but Mikey still got to see her and I got to talk to her for a quick second. She was so sweet and kind to everyone, no matter what.

Look at me, I'm talking about a girl like I've known her all my life, and I have only seen her for 5 minutes of it. I still can't believe that this happened.

"Ok here's what I want you to do. I want you to go back to your bus, get ready for the day, and meet me on the stage in 10 minutes, ok?" I ask him and he nods.

"Ok, now go. I'll see you in a little bit." I say and he walks into his bus and I walk into mine.

I get my clothes, makeup, and hair done, even though it's not concert ready. I don't really care, to be honest, because what's Mikey gonna do? Laugh at my appearance? I don't think so. I'll just get ready for the concert later.

I walk into the arena with my ID on and my phone in hand, just in case anybody else wakes up and wonders where we are.

I see Mikey in the middle of the stage, just pacing back and forth.

"Hey." I say, making him snap out of his thoughts.

"Hi." he says, shifting his weight onto his other foot.