𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

During the Shoot out, World Tour in Houston Texas

During the Shoot out, World Tour in Houston Texas. It was dangerously hot that day and the staff and crew warned the artists about dancing too hard that day.
"Please be careful, drink lots of water, and don't over exert yourself." Eshy, Monsta X's US manager had said.
"Yes sir." They responded. Yeji had a pounding headache and took some painkillers which helped a lot before going on stage. The subunits performed, including hers, and she started to feel woozy again. She made sure to drink plenty of water backstage. Soon it was finally time to perform Shoot Out. They changed into the heavy chained costume and made their way on stage. Minhyuk, who also hadn't been feeling well, stumbled a bit during the first part of the song. The chorus came and Monbebe could tell through the weak performance itself, that it was too hot for them to be performing. Many fans had fainted or had to be escorted out of the arena beforehand.
"I ain't no mercy primacy, I can promise it oh-" Yeji started her rap verse weakly but was cut off when her legs gave way and she fell to the ground, unconscious. Fans gasped and many were recording. The track in the background kept playing but no one was singing.
"Yeji? Yeji?!" Kihyun said, his mic was on so it came out louder than he expected. He removed his mic and bent down next to her, shaking her, but she wouldn't wake up. A Monbebe tossed her handheld fan and Wonho caught it and held it up to Yeji's face. I.M signaled to the people backstage to stop the background track and staff soon came on stage to help.
"We're taking her and Minhyuk backstage. You guys keep performing." The staff said. The rest of the members nodded and started the performance from the top. Monbebes were upset that Monsta X wasn't taking care of their health and restarting the performance.

🖤

As they brought Yeji and Minhyuk backstage, they took them to the air conditioned room where they sat Minhyuk down and out Yeji on the small bed/mat on the floor. An on-site nurse came and gave Yeji the proper medical attention she needed.
"Remove the costume. Is she wearing something under?" The nurse asked.
"Yes." Minhyuk replied. Yeji always wore a tank top and safety shorts under the shoot out costume for privacy and safety reasons. The staff helped remove the costume and put ice packs on her head. Yeji slowly started to wake up when her skin made contact with the cold ice packs. She groaned, signaling that she was awake. The treatments the medical staff gave her made her shiver and they gave her muscle relaxant so she wouldn't increase her body temperature.
"Couldn't handle the Texas heat, huh?" One of the staff members said jokingly, making Yeji and Minhyuk chuckle a bit. Yeji shook her head no in response. A camera that was filming them for the MX channel stopped recording.
"Don't put this on MX channel." Minhyuk asked, weakly. The staff member nodded in response and left the room.

🖤

After the concert, starship released a statement saying that Yeji had a minor heat stroke and Minhyuk overheated. They also stated that the world tour would be delayed and they would be staying an extra day in Houston so the members could rest. Starship also issued an apology to fans who were at the concert that night and had to witness the scary event. It went viral and people were mad at the staff for mistreating the members and making them perform in dangerous conditions.

🖤