Marinette's Fourth of July in America part 14.1

*Author's note: I thought of so many details for this part I decided to write it as 2 parts, so enjoy.   Happy Reading and  No copy cats allowed. -Summer Cheng

           Marinette's POV:

             Marinette looks around for something to clean the seagull poop off of her book. She finds a small box of wet wipes in her bag. She uses this to wipe the nasty mess off the pages.  

            "There, it is good as new,"  She says.

            She goes back to reading her book while Adrien swims in the ocean.  She thinks maybe if we had met in a different lifetime, I would have been friends with him sooner.

            Adrien's  POV:

            Adrien relaxes as the ocean water brushes up against his skin. He is glad for the break from the shore and Marinette's stares. He sighs as he recalls how she went on about his shades early and how he finally went out and bought another pair.  He does wish she would make up her mind.

         "This never-ending cycle of her being happy to be with me one minute and the next ignoring me is getting rather old fast,"  He remarks.  

       He does a few more strokes back and forth.  It seems to help him cool off for the moment.

        "Whoa, what is that in my swimming trunks?" He asks as he feels something rube up against his waist.

        Adrien swims to the shore and dances around to try to dislodge whatever the foreign is from his clothes. He does not succeed so he reaches inside them and pulls the thing out.

      "A fish?"  Adrien asks in surprise when he sees the small mackerel.

     Marinette's  POV:

       Marinette looks up when she hears Adrien hollering. She pulls out her camera and clicks on the record button.  She watches closely as he comes to shore, and grabs ahold of something. She watches with amazement as he places the item on the sand.

       She hears his response and burst out laughing.  The whole thing is rather funny to her.

     "Ha, I find your amusement to be rather nice," Adrien states with a smirk.

        Marinette is so distracted by his steps that she does not notice when a seagull soars by, snatches up the discarded mackerel, and flies away. She is taken aback by the attention she gets from the young man in front of her. She recalls his confession earlier that day and feels bad she did not let him kiss her.  However, she must admit she is not sure if a kiss from him is the right thing or not.  She is not too sure of many things these days.

      "Did you mean it?" Marinette asks. She has conveniently forgotten the camera is still rolling. 

      "Oh, that depends on what you are referring to Mari," Adrien says softly as he brings his thumb to her cheek. 

    Marinette smiles up at him and the camera beeps.  Her battery to the underwater camera might be low, but she does not seem to care. She places a hand on his left cheek and gently moves it all around the edges to it.

     Adrien's POV:

     Adrien feels her touch and thinks what does it mean. He is afraid to ask since he believes he already knows the answer. He glances into her eyes and feels as if all time is stopped just for them.  He sees her eyes look at his, but then smirks as she glances at his lips.  He can feel the tension build up as he waits for her to speak.