chapter six

ALENA'S POV

It has been roughly four months since I joined the BAU and it's been amazing. This team is the best family I could ever asked for. Growing up, I had my dad but that was it. We were close and this job is helping with our bond strangely but I never really had that motherly bond with anyone. JJ took me under her wing as her daughter so she has basically been my mom, the others were like my big brothers and sisters but there was one person on the team I didn't connect with in a family way and that was Spencer. I didn't see him as a big brother or anything like that because I saw him as a best friend, a shoulder to cry on. I really bonded with Spencer ever since that first day when I profiled him on the spot. He was quite dreamy as well, I can understand his nickname 'pretty boy' all too well by now but I don't think he thinks about me like that, it's a feeling that will be slowly crushed with time.

I walked into the BAU and saw everyone giggling. JJ, Morgan and Garcia were all huddled around Morgan's desk, watching Emily and Hotch talk

"Good morning?"

I looked confused but JJ beckoned me over, she whispered

"We are betting on how long it will be before Emily and Hotch get together or hook up essentially? Wanna join?"

I nodded. I put $10 on the table

"Give them two weeks."

Penelope was essentially the game master

"Ok Alena bets two weeks. Morgan?"

He chuckled

"Two hours."

"Cocky there aren't we Morgan?"

He laughed again, peering back over to Emily and Hotch. Penelope turned to JJ

"Um. I am gonna say two days."

She put her money in, Morgan as well and we all chuckled. After a few minutes of us laughing like children, Spencer walks in and Gideon walked out of his office. We all quickly dispersed, I went over to talk to Spencer. He has a light blue buttoned up shirt on along with a dark blue vest with matching trousers and a maroon tie and a black, thin belt and his cute glasses. For a nerd, he certainly knows how to dress. He had a stack of files, piled up to his head. He accidentally missed his step and fell down, I caught him before he fell to the floor. JJ and Penelope started laughing hysterically. Morgan chimed in

"Aw pretty boy is falling for little Gideon."

I rolled my eyes as Reid was blushing hard. My dad whipped his head round when he heard the stack of files fall, I avoided eye contact with him and helped Reid pick up the files. I smiled, gazing into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Don't worry about it Spence, everyone has awkward moments."

He frowned

"I've never seen Morgan have an embarrassing moment."

I smirked as we picked up the files and placed them on his desk

"Trust me, we will embarrass him before the end of the week."

He smirked back at me, letting out a small laugh. Gideon leaned over the edge of the balcony

"BAU, conference room. Two minutes."

Me and Spencer, along with everyone else walked into the conference room. Everyone sat down around the table, I was in the middle of Spencer and Morgan which was like looking after two annoying little boys- oh wait. They are. JJ started briefing us wen Hotch and Gideon came in.

"The NYPD called us this morning, in an emergency. There was a women murdered late at night a few nights ago, Taylor Elizabeth Louderman. She is a very famous Broadway actress, she was currently staring in a Broadway show and her body was found early this morning in a dumpster outside the August Wilson Theatre, where she works."

I interrupted, thinking out loud, which is a bad habit of mine

"It's someone who is obsessed, maybe a fan or another actor/actress that is jealous. How come this is being brought to us?"

JJ continued

"Because before Taylor's murder, another famous Broadway actor was murdered. Jordan Fisher, 26 years old. He was staring in a musical, the same as Taylor and was found in a dumpster outside the Music Box Theatre. Where he was also working."

I was so upset, the world shakes essentially when a celebrity dies but unless they are on TV or in movies, the world doesn't accept them as celebrities. Hotch stood up

"Wheels up in 20."

I went to grab my go bag and headed on the jet, as did everyone else. The plane took off. I was sat in a seat by the window, Spencer was next to me. He made an effort to sit next to me on flights, they did become more common like he said but whenever we had turbulence, he would hold my hand. It's like he knew I was scared. I was playing cards with him, Morgan and Emily. We were all making small talk until Reid randomly came out with a statement.

"I am looking forward to visiting New York."

Morgan looked confused

"Reid, you've never been to New York?"

He shook his head.

"Well we've never had an unsub there"

I overheard Hotch joke with my dad

"You need to speak to Reid about taking some vacation time."

"What's vacation time?"

They both chuckled and continued looking through the case files. Morgan went on, still confused how Reid had never been to New York

"Reid, it's not that far away. It's a three hour train ride man."

I smiled, putting my cards down

"Well if we have some time, I will show you around."

He smiled at me

"You know your way around New York?"

My dad answered

"Alena trained at the NYPD before transferring to the BAU."

I continued

"Yep, it's a beautiful city. Despite the crime, but a beautiful city. I loved walking through the Broadway street."

Everyone turned to me, expecting a story

"I use to watch Broadway shows as often as I could. I nearly went to Julliard to study but then I had a change of heart and enrolled in the NYPD."

Everyone looked shocked, Morgan leaned over to me

"So little Gideon, can you sing?"

I went bright red. I could sing, I just couldn't in front of others. I just put my head down and he chuckled

"I will take that as a yes. The next time we go to a karaoke bar, you are so going to sing."

JJ and Emily agreed as I felt my palms get sweaty. I just stayed silent, I saw Spencer out the corner of eye starring at me. He was looking at me with those cute glasses. When I looked at him, he tried to make the excuse that he was looking out of the window. I laughed, I just couldn't wait to get to New York.