Locked Losers (GOTG 2016)

Start from the beginning

"Correct."

Quill turns his attention towards Gamora,
"So, this orb has a real blue suitcase, Ark of the Covenant, Maltese Falcon sort of vibe. What is it?"

"I Am Groot." The tree announces behind them

"So what? What's the orb?"

"I have no words for an honorless thief." She retorts, causing Y/N to smirk to himself.

"Fine." Y/N interjects, "I'll ask. What's in the orb?"

Gamora lets out a small huff,
"It's a weapon. Something that Ronan seeks. That's all you need to know."

Y/N lets out a hmph, "Vague, but okay."

Wanting to know a bit more about his fellow inmates, he turns his head back at Quill.

"So, what's someone like you doing here when you should be on Earth?"

"I'm from Missouri, not Earth. Anyway, who are you?"

"What the- Missouri IS on Earth, dumbass. How the hell you end of all the way here?"

"Yondu took me as a kid." Peter blunts lets out.

"Wow." Y/N says, "Look like Yondu has a fetish for taking young men from their homes."

Peter and Rocket laugh as Gamora just shakes her head. Since Y/N asked a question, seems only right that Peter ask him the same thing.

"So where you from? I assume Terra?"

"Naw." Y/N draws out, "I'm actually from Cyberton. Optimus Prime is my adopted father."

"Really?!" Peter asks excitingly

"No, you idiot! I'm from Earth too. More specifically, New York."

"I am Groot."

Rocket laughs out loud, "You're right, Groot. I like this kid too."

Y/N, having a brain freeze from Quill's cluelessness, faces forward at Gamora. "So, what the hell does this Ronan need the orb for?"

Before the green alien can respond, Rocket interjects,
"Hey, Kid, I'd advise not talking to the lackey of a genocidal manic."

Rocket looks up at a slightly distressed Gamora, "Yeah, I know who you are. Anyone who's anyone know who you are."

"Well, then obviously I'm nobody because I don't have the slightest clue who you are." Y/N directs at Gamora.

"Yeah, we know who you are!" Peter yells out before looking back at Groot, "Who is she?"

"I am Groot!"

"Yeah, you said that." With an annoyed expression on Peter, Y/N looks forward at Gamora as the guard opens up yet another door.

"I wasn't retrieving the orb for Ronan. I was betraying him."

"Oh, betrayal, huh?" Y/N lets out, "Always a good sign for a good person at heart."

Gamora rolls her eyes at the snide comment,
"Anyway, I had an agreement to sell it to a third party."

"I am Groot!"

"Hey, Rocket." Y/N addresses the talking creature,
"What's up with the Christmas tree back there?"