one

• Dedicated to the perfect harry styles x

DISCLAIMER: Hello, welcome to my first ever fanfiction called Secrets. Let me remind you that this is my first attempt on doing so and it was last year when I was 13. Please vote and leave a comment because I would love to know how you feel towards this story. Now, here's the first chapter.

01

         THE SOUND OF MY ALARM CLOCK echoed through my silent bedroom. I groaned at the blaring noise it was making as I reached my hand towards the off button on my alarm clock. Once the sound stopped, I sighed and forced myself to get out of my comfy bed. My curtains shielded the morning sunlight from the outside making my room lighted up with small rays of sunlight. I took a hot shower to start off my morning.

          After wrapping a towel around my bare body, I skipped towards my closet and picked out an outfit for the day. I took a longer time than the usual to pick out my outfit and finally settled with a sleeveless cream colored dress with a collar around its neck that fell just above my knee, with a belt wrapped around my waist making it more fitted on my body perfectly. I stood in front of my dresser and decided to put on some mascara and eyeliner around my eyes. I covered my spots with some foundation before applying some face make up and a light brown blusher below my cheekbones and my temples. After that, I stood in front of my floor length mirror, examining myself for the day. Satisfied with my work, I grabbed my bag with my pair of brown TOMS before heading towards my kitchen.

          As soon as I arrived at the kitchen, the smell of frying pancakes filled my nostrils and made my stomach growled of hunger. I sat down at the dining table while waiting for breakfast to get ready. My dad emerged from the bottom of the stairs and made his way towards dining table too. He was wearing a very neatly ironed shirt with a blazer hugging his shoulders nicely. He smiled at me as he sat down on one of the chairs. My dad began to take out some papers from his briefcase as well as his black rimmed spectacles before examining them. He always did that every morning since he is a lawyer and there are a lot of paperwork. My atttention diverted from my dad to my mum when she set down the plate of hot pancakes on the table. I piled a few pancakes on my plate as I was feeling super hungry. And to have some energy for school, of course.

          "First day of school after summer, right darling?" My mum asked before sipping her cup of hot tea.

          I nodded in response as my mouth was full of pancakes. Mum used to say I have a habit of talking with my mouth full, so nodding was the best option at the moment since it was far too early to hear her scolding me.

          "You better focus on your studies and not boys, Natalie." My dad ordered me after taking his eyes off the papers. "I mean it. I don't want something to happen like the last time."

          I sighed and dropped my fork on my plate, "Yes, dad."

+

"Hey nerd, watch where you're going!" One of the mean girls at my school snapped at me.

          I walked past her while rolling my eyes. I hated being called a nerd. Just because I was known as a straight A student didn't mean I was all that nerd. My eyesight is perfect and I wasn't wearing glasses for a start. Whoa, that was a bit stereotypical of me. But I usually just brushed off all the rude remarks that I got nearly everyday by the students here. I had come to terms that the teasing will never end so I had to learn to ignore it.