Chapter 15: Summoning the Deities

Oh God

Oh God.

Ian's fingers were glued tightly on Bryce's shoulders as the music continued in the background, body reeking of anxiety at his new-found realization. His eyelids fluttered over to look at the boy who had no single bit of clue about Ian's internal panic.

Oh God.

He hates this. This is weird and this certainly wasn't supposed to happen. They had a deal. Have sex, don't tell anyone about it, and have more sex with nothing else attached. Nothing. It should've been easy, it was that simple. How can he screw something so simple?

Jesus.

Bryce looked down, their eyes finally meeting again before his lips cracked into a smile. Ian felt his insides swell. No, don't smile. Stop doing that. He wanted to say, but instead he found himself melting as he smiled back, the tip of his forefinger brushing intently against the back of Bryce's neck.

"Are you high?" Bryce asked, amused as his eyes scanned over Ian's face. The brunet chuckled, fingers absentmindedly moving to trace the pattern on his chest.

Maybe he was.

It looked so intricate and beautiful. The patterns didn't make sense, but at the same time it did, and he still can't believe that this boy in front of him could paint something like this. No offense, but Ian pegged Bryce as the type who knew nothing but piss people's head off their asses. Turns out he was wrong.

Without thinking, his hands rolled over the lines of Bryce's abs, his stomach, overall the perfection that is his body. Ian's mind wandered over the many times he rested his palms against this body and how he's looking forward to do it again. Maybe tonight? Tomorrow? Next week?

Forever?

He shook his head, mentally headbutting himself for sounding like an obsessed teenage girl. He can't be thinking about a relationship now. Bryce made it clear, annoyingly clear, that he didn't want anything remotely close to that, let alone do it with him. That he wasn't as folks would say, "gay".

'Why?' is the sole question swirling its way into his head right now. Of all the jerks and assholes scattered around the hideousness that is this planet, why him? Why did he have to catch feelings with Bryce Occonor?

"Bored huh," Bryce interrupted his thoughts, his eyebrow raised in interest. "Wanna get out of here?"

Ian's eyes gleamed at him excitedly that he didn't wait another second before nodding. Bryce snickered, grabbing his shirt and Ian's hand, pulling him aside just as the current song ended.

"Where are we going?"

"Does it matter?" Bryce queried as they turned to the back kitchen.

"Did you bring your car?"

"Ian, we came here together."

"Right."

Ian looked at their intertwined hands and inwardly sighed. His eyes lingered on the veins that decorated the back of Bryce's hand as it became even more visible everytime he squeezed his fingers around Ian's. God, everything about this man is sexy.