Chapter 6: No One Covered This in Middle School

Ian was definitely very much pissed at Bryce

He's been avoiding the guy for four days now and he's doing his best just so their paths wouldn't cross on campus. Whenever he sees or hears Bryce's voice in the hallways, he'd deliberately walk the other way. The boys were starting to notice, and even though it's best that the two have minimal interaction, they couldn't help but feel like this little cold war between them is more than just the usual Norris-Occonor fiasco.

They don't have to know more than that.

"Captain's been extra moody lately," Ian listened as Emery laughed. "Blake said it maybe because he's sexually frustrated 'cause last time he was like that was when his sex fling ghosted him."

"I don't care."

Confused, Emery paused the game and looked at Ian with concern. "Are you okay?"

"I am," the brunet replied, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"I don't think so," Emery insisted. "Is it your dad?"

Ian sighed and dropped the controller on the couch to look at his best friend. "No, Em," he started slowly. "and frankly, I don't really wanna talk about it."

Em let out a dismissive sigh and decided to let it go. "Fine but if you do you tell me first, yeah?" he said, pointing a finger. Ian nodded in silent relief. He didn't really need his best friend of all people to make things more confusing for him.

Bryce of course hasn't been exactly making it easy either. Ian had to skip a class he shared with him just because he didn't want the burden of having to interact with a jerk like him. Yes. He is that petty.

He figured he shouldn't talk to someone who willingly left him half-naked in a dumpster. After Bryce dropped him at his house that day, Ian practically ran straight to his door without looking back even when Bryce numerously called out his name. He fucks him and pisses him off? Nuh-uh, he only gets to do one.

Fast forward to four days later, a last-minute announcement of a half-day class was declared. Everyone but Ian unanimously decided to go to the mall or do futile stuff to waste a perfectly good free time. He just wanted to pass out in his room and pretend to be dead for a few hours, but those plans were ruined when Coach texted just as he arrived home, telling the boys that they can either stay for practice or do ten-minute crunches on the next one. Ian groaned and thought about bailing, but between a few hours of laze and the risk of losing his ability to bend over for a week, he chose to keep his muscles, so he went.

A faint voice of someone screaming and a couple of others making sounds of complaint greeted Ian when he arrived at the pool. Bryce stood on the edge, barking orders to get his teammates' shit together.